Chapter Twenty-Seven: just a kiss

“She's not safe here.” The first words that came out of Darius' mouth wasn't welcome back but I kind of expected that from him.

“You told us to bring her back here.” Damien had set me down but didn't let me go. I didn't want him to anyways.

“That was before the wolves have been making rounds around the place every four hours.” Darius looked irritated.

“Where do you suggest we go?” Vincent asked, sounding worried. Darius and Melissa glanced at eachother, looking unsure.

They had to try and hide me so we could get ourselves together for a new plan. We should just stick to the original plan but everyone was too afraid to lose me again. It made me feel cared about, but how else were we going to end all of this?

“What about Wolf Lake?” I interrupted the sudden burst of conversation between the six of them. They abruptly stopped talking, turning to me. Zero shut his eyes as if that was the last thing he wanted to hear me say. They were all looking at him now. I bit down on my lip.

“Zero.” Samuel got his attention as he opened his eyes now, looking at me.

“What's there that makes you think it'll be safe?” He asked me, frowning for one of the first times since I've met him.

Brook and Liam...They said there were a lot of attacks in that area from a vampire. That vampire was Venom. If he was wandering around out there, if that was his hunting ground, he would find me easily. And as strange as it sounds, that's exactly what I want. I'm going to end this. If my little encounter with Ian did anything to me, it makes me that much eager to stop all of them, starting with the one who started all of this in the first place.

“I just heard it's safe there.” I lied quietly. Zero's eyes flashed gold for a split second but I didn't take my eyes off of his.

“Where'd you hear that?” I was trying not to look away from Zero, because for some reason this decision was going to effect him the most but Damien's voice caused me to instinctively look at him. His eyes were narrowed at me as if he didn't believe me.

I narrowed my eyes back at him.

“I'm a Princess Damien, I do have an understanding of the regions around my own...” I lied again. Damien continued to look at me, fully aware of my lies.

“Take her.” Melissa cut in now. The others looked at her now, but me and Damien kept staring eachother down. “There's a village near the lake, there's no way they'll be able to smell her out with all the other humans around her.”

I ripped my eyes away from Damien now, realizing there was a chance that Melissa's theory was right. The others seemed to realize it as well. If that was the case then how was I supposed to inconspicuously go on with my plan?

“Well--”

“Okay. We'll go to Wolf Lake.” Damien interrupted me. I really haven't missed that at all. I was looking at him again. He looked like he had kept his eyes on me the whole time.

“I might be wrong.” I informed them. Damien's eyes sparked. He knew I was up to something.

“I trust your instincts, Kimberly.”

He does not...

But Damien was the least of my worries right now, seconds after mine and Damien's exchange Zero let out a growl and stormed out of the house, slamming the door. My body moved instinctively to go after him. Damien was quick to tighten his hold on me.

“Is Wolf Lake a bad place?” I asked after a long second of staring after my usually cheerful friend. I looked around at the others. None of them looked willing to say but to my surprise Darius was the one to speak.