Chapter Nine: stop looking at me

Damien dropped his arm and moved away from me as soon as Vincent and Sam left.

“Come...” He demanded, walking to the front door. Huh? We were going somewhere? Didn't Vincent make it clear enough that he wanted him to stay here with me?

“But--” I began to object. He turned around. He just gave me this dark, evil look. That was all it took. I blinked at him for a second before I slowly walked toward him. He turned around and I followed him out into the garage.

He got into a silver Viper, this car looked brand new too. Where did they get all the money for this stuff? I warily got into the passanger seat. He glanced at me, an annoyed look on his face. Maybe I should have got in the back seat? I looked back at him annoyed then shut the door hard. He was not going to make me feel bad just for sitting next to him.

“Where are we going?” I asked, beginning to realize there was a chance he would take me to the middle of nowhere and just leave me there.

“Back to the house, I need to get a few things.” He shrugged, revving the engine.

“What? But Venom could still be--”

“If you still think Venom is stronger then me, you haven't been paying much attention to anything.” He interupted me and sped out of the garage like he was drag racing.

“How far away from the house are we?” I had to ask, my heart lurching as he continued to make the car pick up speed.

“A couple hours.” He muttered.

Did it take that long to get to the new house the first time? It seemed like it was maybe half an hour at the most. Was he really that fast when running?

“Why don't you just carry me?”

He looked at me like I said; I like when you carry me, you should just carry me, I want you to carry me. He frowned at me, then turned his attention back to the road. Well if carrying me was faster, I don't see why he just wouldn't do it.

I sighed, sinking further back into my seat. The longer we drove, the quieter it got. It started to frustrate me. But I wasn't going to even try to make small talk with him and I think if I would have touched his radio, he might just break my wrist. I drummed my fingers on the ledge of my window. This was something I've always done when bored or nervous. Not long after, I noticed Damien doing the same thing. I stopped and looked at him. Seconds after I stopped, he grabbed the wheel tightly and whipped his head in my direction.

“You're so--” He stopped himself short as if actually thinking about what he was going to say and not sure if he wanted to say it. When did he ever stop and think about what he was going to say to me?

“Go on, finish your sentence Damien.” I encouraged. Kind of funny that I was purposely encouraging him to call me a name. “We both know what you're going to say, so just say it.”

He hesitated and it confused me. Why was he being like that?

“You're so stupid.” He muttered.

I sighed. “Well, you're a jerk...” I muttered back.

“Damn it, Kim. If you want me to protect you from vampires, you have to stop being such a brat!”

“Oh! Is that what you've been trying to do? No wonder I feel so safe around you.” I said sarcastically.

He glared at me and abruptly stopped the car. Well, it skidded before coming to a complete stop. I started to go forward, stupidly forgetting to put my seatbelt on. His hand smacked down above my chest, shoving me back into place. My eyes were wide as I stared at him in shock. What the hell was that?!