The last laugh.

Hours later, we were all inside. The Matthews were saying bye to Josh, and Cory's dad.
"Hey" Josh strode up to me, a bounce in his step.
"Hey. Where's your girl?" I asked. He smiled smugly at me.
"She's gone. Too crazy"
"Oh" I said, suppressing a smile.
"When will you be back? I've heard majoring in Business is tough" I said. I didn't want him to go, but he had to.
"In a couple of weeks. Trust me, if I'm back, you'll know" He said.
"I'm going to miss you" I sucked in a breath after saying it, thinking he might see me as to clingy.
"I'm going to miss you too"
He looked around, and led me from the living room to Riley's room.
"Tell me you'll call me. And that you won't forget me" I said, hugging him.
"I'll call you. And I definitely won't forget you"
He kissed me, short and sweet.
"You're going to be the death of me" I said with a chuckle.
"Likewise. I've gotta go. I'll call you when I get there" He said.
We hugged one last time, and then he walked away, taking my heart with him.
"Ahhh! OMG, that was so cute! Like, a movie or something" Riley zoomed in, shaking me and screaming.
I was still in a daze. Josh had not only kissed me once, but twice in one day. It was something that I had been dreaming of for years, and finally, finally!
"Yeah. I guess you could say that" I replied. I was trying to keep my cool, even though I wanted to burst into smiles.
"Stop it! Be happy, and stop trying to be cool" Riley crossed her arms.
"Fine! Oh, it was amazing. He kissed me! Me! And twice! Oh Riles, I'm happy. I have Shawn, and you, and now, Josh! Thank you, for not giving up on me" I hugged her tight, and retreated to the bay window. She sat next to me, hugging a pillow to her chest.
"I'm really happy for you" She said, smiling. But the light in her eyes were gone. Her smile was smaller than it always was.
"What's wrong?" I asked, taking her hand.
"Nothing. I'm so happy for you!" She pushed her hair behind her shoulders, and sniffled.
"Riley..."
"It's Lucas. I don't- I don't know how I feel about him anymore. But I do know I don't feel the same as when we first started dating"
"Things change. But, change is good. Maybe, your feelings for him are growing" I said, and took the pillow from her.
"And if they're not?" She asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.
"I dunno. I've never- I've never had this problem before. Where you don't know if you care for someone too much, or if you don't care about them at all"
"Maya, promise me we'll always be together. That you and Josh won't change us. That if you do become my aunt, you'll be my best friend first"
"Thunder"
"Lighting"
"Riley, nothing, not even one of us dying, will he able to make me stop being your best friend" I said. She wiped her eyes, and pulled me up.
"Hmm. Thank you, Maya. Now, lets go get some cake. You know, before Auggie gets it all"
I giggled as she pulled me into the kitchen.

Sadly, I'm going to end the story here. Now that the shows over, I don't feel I'll have enough material or motivation to keep writing this story. Who knows, I might do a sequel. Thanks for reading, and all your sweet comments