Son of a Bunny

Josh Matthews. One of a kind
I've been pacing back and forth. Going from angry to happy. Annoyed to elated.
And only one person can cause this, and end it.
Josh Matthews.
The annoying son of a bunny who told me he had feelings for me, then told me to wait.
I've liked him since 7th grade!
How can I wait?
He's in college, with no one to hold him down or tell him that I'm here waiting for him, so don't be stupid.
Don't reel someone in with those stupid blue eyes.
That stupid smirk
That stupid- EVERYTHING!
I think I'm gonna put a dent in this wood.
Actually, that's what Riley thinks.
Oh yeah, she's here too.
"Maya, calm down" She said, obviously to focused on the purple jelly bean in a ring case.
To stupid for me.
I can still feel his warm breath hit me when he said the words I've wanted him to say for sooooo longgggg.
It was only 30 minutes ago.
And he is just across the hall.
"I can't! I'm worried he'll meet someone, forget I'm waiting for him, and at your wedding he'll see me and be like "she still exists?""
Riley smiled at me, and closed the box.
"If I know one thing about my uncle, is that he's loyal. Too loyal, it's going to get him in trouble"
I pouted, then sunk into the plush chair in our room at the log cabin.
"I'm just annoyed and worried and scared and angry... And hungry"
"Maybe a hike will get him off your mind? C'mon, we have one in 10!" She pulled on my arms, and got me out of the room, and to the lobby.
"Ummm Riles? This isn't going to get him off my mind"
"Why?" She asked, staring at Lucas's butt.
"He's a chaperone, you Mellon ball" I said, and turned around.
"No! Farkle!" Riley yelled, tugging on my arm.
"Yessss?" He said, coming up with smacked under his arm, happy as can be. She doesn't seem to be a person. Just... Farkle's girlfriend.
"Please, Puh-lease, tell Maya that she needs to go on this hike!"
Farkle looked at me, a creepy look in his eye.
"If you don't go on this hike, you'll be un-naturally pale" He said, and smiled at us.
"He's right" Smackle said, and then pulled Farkle away.
"I can stay pale if I want. What if I'm a vampire, and I can't be in the sun! You're be killing your best friend"
"Oh please. Everyone knows that thing is just a myth. Sunlight doesn't kill Vampires"
"Wow. Nothing gets past you"
A satisfied smile rested on her face, and Lucas stepped next to her, and wrapped his fingers around hers. She was obviously blushing.
I was really happy for them. I didn't like him.
He'd only ever be a friend.
"Maya" A husky voice called my name. That voice that drove me crazy.
"Hey" I looked into Josh's eyes.
His eyes. The way he looked at me. Everything was different.
"You're going on this hike?"
I regained my composure, and smiled cooly.
"Yep. I'm gonna need something to show I was participating. A tan will do" I said.
And then he laughed.
And I wanted to faint. My limbs felt like jello, and I wanted to fall, and for him to catch me in his arms.
"Well, I'll see you on the trail" I saluted him, before walking out the door, knowing his eyes were following me.