Seven

It had been a week. One week since I found out Ryan was dead. I had gone to school each day with a fake smile. My friends could tell something was wrong no matter how much I denied it. They were good friends. I spent almost an hour everyday after school with Colton. We would go to the park or the diner and talk.

I'm not really sure what I would do when he left again. I just hope he keeps his promise. I walk into the crowded lunch room. The line was backed up like normal. People were rushing to there tables to get the latest gossip or catch up with friends.

I however was not in the mood to talk. I decided to skip lunch and head outside. There were a few picnic tables for people to eat outside, but because of the cold weather no one was there. I took a seat at the table furthest away from the building and put my head down.

I hadn't be able to sleep through the night this entire week. I keep having nightmares. I thought about telling someone but decided against it. It's not like there was anything they could do. As a sat there I could feel my self falling into a deep sleep.

They sky was cloudy and there was smoke everywhere most likely from a fire. I look around I'm in a clear field but I'm not alone. There are a group of people headed toward me. In the front of the group I can make out two familiar faces, Ryan and Colton.

There in there army uniform. Ryan stops in his tracks when he sees me causing people to run into him. A look of shock crosses his face. Colton had started running toward me at this point. He was screaming my name yet I couldn't hear him. He begins to point behind me.

I turn around. Another group of men were behind me. They were shooting at Ryan and Colton. I was about to start running when I was tackled to the ground. I look up to see Colton laying on top of me. He was breathing heavy from running.

More shots are fired and I could here the sound of bodies falling. "I need you to crawl over to the other group." Colton tells me in between breaths. I nod and start crawling. As I go I watch in horror as Ryan falls to the ground. He had a bullet in his head. I let out a scream of horror and panic.

Colton had turned around and saw what I had. As he stood up another shot was fired and he fell to the ground. By this point tears were falling from my eyes and I couldn't see. My body was violently shaking.

I woke up with tears in my eyes. The dream felt to real. Of course I don't know how I would have gotten to the field but that was beside the point. The bell rung and I stood up looking at the time. That was the second bell I realized in panic. I grab my bag and run to class.