Three

"Hi honey how was your day?" My mom asked as I walked through the door. I set my bag down next to the stairs. "It was good. How was yours?"I walk into the living room where my mom was seated on the couch. She had a letter from Ryan in her hand.

"It was good. I finally got a letter from Ryan. He takes to long to respond." I roll my eyes with a laugh. "Mom he has a lot to do he can't just sit and write letters all day." I sit down on the other couch.

"I know I just really miss him. His letters are something I look forward to every day weather I get one or not." I nod my head in understanding.

"I know Mom I understand. I'm going to go start homework call me if you need me." She nods as I stand up and head upstairs. I grab my backpack on the way.

I had to much homework for one night. I've never understood why the teachers assign so much homework. It's like they want us to be come depressed and sleep deprived.

I stare down at my math homework when the doorbell rings. I hear Mom shout I'm coming and footsteps across the floor. Being the mosey person I am I walk downstairs. I watch as Mom opens the front door. On the other side is to military officers.

"No." I gasp with tears running down my face. This can't be happening. Behinds the two officers is Colton. He had a somber look on his face. His eyes scanned the house and stopped when he saw me.

I try to plead with him that it's not true but Colton just shocked his head. I turn and sprint up the stairs. This can't be happening.