Tonight Chapter 18

(Carly's POV)

Carly wobbled and swayed while she slowly flew back to the island where the cabin was. She had a huge gash on her stomach, bruises and a black eye. Bu she had no idea where she got them. the only thing she remembered was seeing Jailene and then this place she was in right now. She landed and fell into the sand. The sand was rough against her skin and she could taste the grits in her mouth. She dragged herself up to the cabin door and she got up. She ran out of breath as Jared stood before her. For the first time she heard the sound of surprise from Jared, the badass, someone who didn't show emotion at all.

She fell to the ground.

--------------------------------

Jared quickly grabbed her before she could hurt herself even more. He cleaned out her wound and he closed the door. In her bloody hands was a even more bloody dagger. Someone had stabbed her and sent her here? But why?

A warning?

Jared tendered her wound and cleaned up the mess. Her pink shirt was turned red by the sticky blood stains that you could never get out. the sound of the back door opening triggered Jared to turn his head towards the noise and he looked up to see Mori. Mori walked in and he stopped dead in his tracks at the sight before him. He walked over to them both and said "Looks pretty bad, you got her all cleaned up? Do we need to do a transfusion?"

"No, just barely. She needs to rest now." Jared sighed and thanked himself mentally for taking a medical class in college before he dropped out to tend to his family's troubles. Mori moved Carly's legs and sat down with her feet on his lap. He turned on the TV.

"What, that's it? No 'Oh good' or head nod even?" Jared said as he stood in front of Mori so Mori would listen to him.

"No, you did what you needed to do. That's the end of it.." Mori trailed off quietly, trying to look around Jared.

"Well, what about Jailene? She's been missing for almost a week and you haven't tried to go out and oh let me think? Oh right Look for her! Oh when the boss hears about this-"

"Stop, you know that we've already sent people out. I even tried seducing Catherine! I've done my part!" Jared rolled his eyes out of disgust.

"You don't understand how important she is, just because you don't care doesn't mean me or Carly or anyone else doesn't !" Jared said. He walked outside and slammed the door behind him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jailene worked up the nerve and took a breath. She opened her door and went to the rest room. Dale heard the doors open and close lightly, he rushed out of his own room to see if she was really out or not. She hadn't been out in days and he was worried, he had tried to give her food and water but she wouldn't take anything. She walked out of the bathroom to come face to face with him.

"Hey." He said as he followed behind her to the kitchen.

No response

"Jailene?" he said, he always liked it when he couldn't get what he wanted and he had to work but he didn't like this kind of work.

Still no response

"Look, I'm sorry, it was wrong. Please don't ignore me, Jailene." She looked at him and turned back to the sandwich she was making. She quickly put the ingredients away and walked back to her room. She closed her door quietly and Dale growled under his breath.

----------------------------------------------

Jared held Carly's hand tightly as she started to flutter her eyes. She sat up fast and the pain hit her. She ignored it and looked around. Jared muttered soothing things to her. "Where's Jailene?" Carly said quickly.

"Well-" Jared started but then Mori walked in and it went dead quiet. Jared looked at Mori and then back at Carly, he started his sentence again "Well we found you on the doorstep and we kind of thought you were nearly dead so we stayed behind to take care of you. Jailene ran off and we had a feeling that she wasn't safe. But someone wouldn't go out and look for her. I had to stay hee since im the only one with medical training of any sort." Mori wet and sat on the couch during this whole conversation, he put Carly's legs on his lap since she was taking up his space. Carly stood up and got in front of Mori.

"What the hell? I'm watching desperate house wives!" He said, trying to see around her. She slapped his cheek and the room went silent as the noise of her hand hitting his cheek filled the air. She left a red mark and he growled.

"Are you really this stupid to leave her out there? Dale isn't stupid, if he finds out about her potential then he will use it to his advantage." Carly yelled at him as she stood before him and the TV buzzing in the back round.

There was a twinkle in Mori's eyes and he said "But I wasn't the one that got birdnapped now was I, Don't you remember anything?" Mori snapped into gear.

"No the last thing I remember was Jailene walking towards me into my tent. But-but Mori there was some one else there besides Dale."

*Flash back moment!*

"Oh, Mori, son, calm down." She said as she pulled her son into a hug. he was ten when she walked of into the smoke, Mori was left with his father.

"I will always love you Mori." she said as she gave him her pendent that her father had given her. The words played in Mori's head like a broken record.

-----------------------------------------

Jailene came out of her room and Dale was watching TV. he looked at her as she walked past him. She looked on the kitchen counter to see a small box. "That's for you, Jailene." Dale said as he turned off the TV and watched her open the box. He watched as her facial expression changed when she examined the ring. The ring looked like it was made out of chain links. There was a note inside.

I'm chained to your heart

She looked at him and he slipped the ring on to her finger slowly as if he was giving her a chance to refuse. "You wanna go somewhere with me, babe?" He whispered into her lips. She moved away and nodded slowly. She walked into her room and slipped into a sun dress and suddenly she felt the weight of the ring on her finger. Dale and her walked outside to a barn, on the way there people said hi and waved. Girls giggled when they saw Dale. He grabbed Jailene's hand and squeezed it. they both stood in front of two horses. Dale mounted a huge black stallion and Jailene mounted a white mare.

A tall man came up and said "Well, howdy Dale. Who's this pretty thing?'

"Billy, Jailene. Jailene, Billy" Billy sent Jailene a nod and she waved at him.

"We will just be out for a couple hours." Dale clucked and the stallion was of. The horse galloped fast, Jailene soon followed and they raced all the way to a grassy field . Dale and Jailene got off they're horses, Dale set down a blanket and grabbed a basket from somewhere hidden. they had a picnic.

-----------------------------------------------

uhg I think this chapter is too long but you guys got a little extra

anyway, what did you think? you love it, hate it? Vote, comment, tell me anything you think I should have done differently or any ideas you have on this story

thanks again for reading