Tonight Chapter 17

-17-

Jailene and Dale went out the back entrance. Jailene stopped but Dale grabbed her hand and his wings ripped through his shirt. They were in the night time sky. She was screaming and he held one of her hands, she was dangling. He rolled his eyes and scooped her up into his arms. She blushed lightly and looked at him, her eyebrow rose.

"What?" He said as soon as he noticed.

"What will happen to Carly?" Jailene said quietly

"I told you, We'll let her go and you can help me on my quest." He mumbled and looked ahead. Jailene closed her eyes and didn't say another word. Why would Mori do this? She thought to herself he did say *Flashback moment*

"I'm sorry, I'll never be able to forgive myself for what I did" That was the first time Jailene had seen him cry , now that she thought about it. Why would he do this? She said to herself again and again. Her mind flipped over this evenings events. that high voice squealing.

That voice saying "OOoooh Mori your so dreamy." And Mori dancing with that woman the way he danced with Jailene. That's what broke her heart the most, she thought she had something special with juts a regular guy but I guess not. She sighed and snuggled deeper into Dale's arms.

She didn't dare look down.

----------------------------------------------------------

They arrived at, what looked to be, a military base. There were tents and plenty of soldiers around, but these soldiers had wings, talons, claws and anything abnormal. Dale set Jailene down and he walked over to one of the tents. Along the way he was greeted by other soldiers and some nurses. When he opened the tent doors there were two soldiers and Carly. Jailene quickly ran to Carly and hugged her, She winced at the pain and Jailene pulled away.

Dale motioned the two soldiers to leave and he sat down a distance away.

"Why did you come here?!' Carly said "I told you not to come, I'm happy to see you but not like this."

"That doesn't matter right now! We get to go home, You can see Jared and your family!" Jailene said quickly and Dale interrupted.

"Uh...Jailene You'll be staying. Carly you can leave. In fact its time for you to go." he went to the door and got the two soldiers. They took Carly away so Jailene and Dale were left alone.

"So, if I stay she is safe?" Jailene asked.

"Yes, we wont lay a finger on her, or Jared, or-" he stopped, realizing what name he was about to say. He looked at her and took a short breath . He took her hand and lead her out of the tent to a cabin, inside somehow was her bag of clothing and such.

"This is you cabin until we leave this base." he said quietly , She sat down and looked at her phone, it was 4:30 in the morning . Dale left so she could change and get to sleep.

She dreamt of Mori

-----------------------------------------------------

Jailene was shaken awake . She opened her eyes to see Dale staring at her. "Come on, we have to go! Their attacking!"

"What?!?!- Who?!? What?!?!" Jailene stuttered. Dale said nothing as he grabbed her hand and they ran. If he wouldn't have pulled her so fast she would have been able to see what was attacking. He stopped in front of a huge tank. He hoisted her up and he got up and closed the lid. Two soldiers were already inside.

"Get us to the city! Hurry!" Dale shouted. Jailene curled up in the corner, on the cold metal floor, and close her eyes. She could hear guns and smell smoke. She heard footsteps and felt someone's presences, Dale curled up by her and put his arm around her shoulder. He couldn't fly in this time. He could be shot down or worse, loosing Jailene. He couldn't loose her, She would make him so much money. A smirk curled onto his face and he closed his eyes.

----------------------------------------------

Jailene was, again, awoken by Dale. "We are here." He smiled. He helped her out of the tank. They were at the entrance of a city named Golden canopy. When they walked it felt as if they were walking on clouds. The breeze played with Jailene's hair and the smell of her shampoo drifted into Dales nose, he blushed. She grabbed his hand and they ran closer to the city. They went to a small apartment in the middle of the city. They arrived in the apartment, which smelled like bleach and rust. There was a kitchen, one bathroom and two bedrooms across from each other.

Jailene stood in the room she was staying in. She twirled in a circle and held down her dress. The air ruffled her hair as she spun. She glanced at the door to see Dale holding back his laughter. "You are so pretty." He said as he came over to her and stroked her cheek. his hand went to her neck and to her hair. He curled it between his fingers, he was as gentle as a butterfly. He moved closer and enveloped his hand in hers. He was moving closer and Jailene knew this couldn't happen, they couldn't be together. Knowing that Mori was still in her heart she pulled away.

"I-I need to do something." She said and she walked away from him.

"Jailene!" he said as he stomped after her, into the kitchen. She opened the fridge and got something out of it. "Mori is gone, cant you see that your mine and I am yours?" He finished. She was already crying and she walked past him to her room . She locked her door, "Jailene! Jailene!" He knocked and cursed. he left her alone and she curled up into a ball, she thought of Mori. He always treated her like she was important.

But really she wasn't
.

-----------------------------------------

What did you guys think? Did you love it? hate it? Sorry I was a bit busy so I couldn't update.

Vote

comment

Tips,errors? let me know

Thanks for reading