Tonight Chapter 2

-2-

As he climbed through her window things got very awkward between Jailene and Mori. She explained what happened after he had been sent out, he apologized and hugged her, his arms wrapped around her waist and his head on her neck. Jailene heard footsteps and quickly shoved Mori into her walk-in closet. She scrambled to her bed and acted asleep. Her father poked his head in her doorway and sighs "I'll keep that kid from my daughter if it's the last thing I do." He muttered and leaves. Jailene gasp at his word and quickly got up and walked to her closet only to find herself close to Mori.

"Did you hear that?" he said sadly as he envelops her hand in his.

She looked at him and said "Hey (which makes his head snap up as if danger is nearby) "We-we are together. We're going to get through this together Mori."

He laughed "you're so beautiful, even with a bedhead" he said and he kissed her cheek gently. "Look I came to see if you were okay but obviously your in trouble, aren't you? Because of me..." he was silent.

"I would do anything to be by your side Mori" Jailene whispered and looked into his eyes.

"This is wrong....why did we fall in love?" he muttered " Look I have to go sweetheart but-but ill be back at 7pm tomorrow to help you father. If you can wait till then, then maybe I can leave without crushing you"

"You don't have to leave Mori" Jailene said quickly without thinking.

"Oh but I must sweetheart, if your father walked in he would skin my hide and lock you in this room" he kissed her hard on the lips and climbed out the window, down the structurally unstable latter. She watched him run till she cannot see him anymore. Jailene fell asleep dreaming of him and them together.

All through out the next day as Jailene did chores, she thought of Mori. She checked the time constantly till 7 o'clock sharp. Juan noticed her unusually happy mood and said " you better not be thinking of that Mori boy. He's no good for you, Jailene" he walked away from her angrily.

At 7:02 Mori walked in and he was talking to Jailene's father. He sat down and met Jailene's eyes. She blushed when he winked at her.

"Can we get some water Jailene?" her father says as she broke her gaze with Mori. She got two glasses down from the cabinet. The glass was cold against her fingers as she pored the water into it. She gave them water and her father didn't even say thank you. Mori did of course and winked at her. Juan and Mori went outside to work while Jailene made dinner. at 7:37 she called everyone for dinner. Juan sat between her and Mori. Everyone ate in silence and Jailene looked up to see Mori looking at her. she smiled and pored him some water.

"Thank you" he said in happy tone. Her father didn't like the looks of their short conversation so he decided to make her do dishes alone. The dish soap was slippery between her fingers as she did the dishes in silence. Mori and Juan finished their work outside. Jailene looked as Mori was pushed outside into the rain, he sent her a look of worry and love. Jailene finished dishes and washed her hands off. She then took a warm bath and as she slipped into the tub she felt like she was protected as if Mori being with her was a sign of how good she had things. she sunk deeper into the tub and closed her eyes. she knew something was wrong but what could be wrong? Everything seemed perfect to her.

She got out of the tub, gets dressed into her pajamas and said good night to her parents and brother. she closed her door to her room and headed to her bed, before she gets to her covers she stops at her mirror. she looked at herself and touches her cheek. She felt as if someone was here with her....

Watching

Protecting.

She slid into her bed and climbed under the covers and waited for him to come.