Chapter 19

“He doesn’t love you like I love you”

Chapter 19

“I think we should pop our self’s in the oven, cause we have so much cake mix on us and then when we come out we would have like cake on us and we can eat it off ourselves.” I said, trying to convince Cole and Teagan.

Teagan’s blue eyes went big in excitement, “That would be so awesome.” She said, licking the chocolate cake mix off her arm.

“Then we’d burn.”Cole said, bringing logic into the situation as he too licked the remanding chocolate mix off his hands.

“But we’d taste awesome.” I said in defence.

And then we all cracked up laughing

“How did we get ourselves in this mess?”Cole asked as he tried to dust the flour out his hair.

*****flashback for before the above scene******

“Scar!!!” Teagan shouted excitedly as she ran down the stairs.

“Hey there Teegee.” I said greeting her with the same enthusiasm that she greeted me with.  She ran straight into my arms, almost knocking Cole over.

I picked her up and she gave me the tightest squeeze ever I seriously thought she would choke me to death since her little arms wrapped tightly around my neck. She looked at me intently, there was a sparkle playing in those bright blue eyes.

“How are you kiddo?”I asked her as I carried her into the kitchen, following Cole and putting her down on the kitchen counter.

‘’I’m awesome.” she said.

Cole got out two glasses and poured chocolate milk for the two of us and took out a beer for himself.

“Yay!” Teagan screamed as Cole handed her the glass of chocolate milk, she drank it all in one go and as soon as she finished she let out a big breath, you know like when you drink really fast and don’t breathe and then you feel like you were just being suffocated so you take in millions of deep breaths.

“Slow down there tiger.”Cole said, taking a swing of his beer.

He placed my glass in front of me and kissed me on my forehead, “I’ll leave you too to it, and I’m going to go watch the game.”

“Oh no you’re not!” Teagan said to Cole and grabbed him but his collar, “You’re going to sit on the chair and help us bake a chocolate cake.”

Cole’s eyes were amused, they always were when Teagan spoke to him, and it was amazing how she got away with murder simply because Cole had a soft spot for her.

“I don’t bake cake.” he said, trying to act all manly.

I giggled and he turned his head to look at me, “You think this is funny?” he asked with the same humour he shared with Teagan he was now sharing with me, I missed this. Only when we were with his sister was he truly himself, the person I came to love, he laughed easily, he made everything funny, and I was more relaxed when I was here. I didn’t have to walk on egg shells.

“She only turns five once I her lifetime.” I say, whilst looking at Teagan and giving her a wink.

“Yeah but she has a birthday every year, in fact she probably has it every day.” Cole said sternly.

“Yeah but I don’t get to bake with my brother and his awesome girlfriend every day.” Teagan said sadly.

And we both gave him our best puppy dog eyes, the double threat always get us our way.