Chapter 22

Wear your heart on your sleeve; make things hard to believe
I'm not feeling this situation.”

Chapter 22

I did what any normal person would do under these circumstances.

I stayed at home.

To re-think things.

Get my priorities straight.

Firstly, I didn’t want to be the abused anymore. I was sick of it. I had to put up with a lot of shit these past months but it was time to take a freaking stand. But, I was scared. Like any normal person would be under these circumstances. But I didn’t want to be that girl anymore.

I didn’t want to be the girl that lost all her friends and gets abused by her boyfriend.

The girl that didn’t know how to take a stand for herself.

And I sure as hell didn’t want to be the girl who lost herself to a sick sadistic monster.

I knew that I didn’t want to leave Cole right now that would be a death sentence. I didn’t want to die, that’s for sure. I liked my life, even if it wasn’t the best at the moment I valued my life. It helped that he didn’t show up at my house this past week. Much needed distance between us.

Secondly, I would do things I want to do. I can’t remember the last time I took photos. What happened to my passion? Did it dissolve as soon as Cole came into my life? I couldn’t remember. That scared me.

Thirdly, I was definitely going to have a little chat with Matt. But, not until I muster up enough confidence to spill out my guts to him. I just had to wait for the right time. Like when I'm not bruised or anything.

God! I missed him so much.

So here I was, wrapped up in a blanket staring at the TV.

I was wallowing in self pity, even though I was getting myself together.

I needed action.

*********************************************