Chapter 8

******

 “Second chances

They don’t ever matter

People never change

Once a whore

You’re nothing more

Sorry honey

But that will never change”

*******

Chapter 8

Cole cheated. That’s the only thing that has been going through my mind since I found out, that and the fact that my best friend wanted him for herself.

I haven’t spoken to her since that night, I couldn’t even bring myself to answer her calls and the constant messages she sent me every five minutes.

Cole stayed with me until Sunday morning, we didn’t sleep together or anything, in fact I couldn’t bring myself to kiss him yet.

The time we spent together however, did bring us closer, it was the first time we spent hours together just talking about ourselves, conversations that I will cherish for the rest of my life, it was like I was being intimate with him but not in a psychical way.

Believe me, I was mad, I wanted to throw my hands in the air and scream, to punch something, to get it all out of my system but that just wasn’t how I wanted to handle it.

I just wanted to understand why my best friend wanted my boyfriend, and the fact that Cole had been sleeping with the cheer-sluts when we first started going out, well that was another story, I kept telling myself that I half expected something like this to happen, I had prepared for the worst but that didn’t help the hurt I felt, the betrayal. No, he would have to earn my trust back.

My thoughts wondered back to lesson, I was in advanced English our topic for the day, Othello, which was kind of ironic seeing as how Othello killed the love of his life because he thought she betrayed him and cheated on him with his best friend, his second in command. No, I wouldn’t sink that low.

*****

The morning went by fast and before I knew it I was seated next to Matt at lunch, letting him in on the gory details of the weekend.

“He slept with the cheersluts.” I whispered to Matt. I looked at his expression, which was a mixture of amusement and irritation.

“Yeah, and with half the girls at this school.” He muttered, “Not like you didn’t know.”

“Yeah, but like the first month we started going out he slept with them again.” I said, lower this time because saying it out loud made it true and there was still a part of me, a very small part that wanted it to be dream.