~The Funeral~

The next few days for Chelsea were full of emotion. She didn’t attend school, she barely came out of her room, and she only said a few words. The day of her mother’s funeral was drawing closer and closer with every breath. She knew it was going to be painful but she just wanted to get it over with.

Ashley hasn’t been talking to Chelsea; it was like she was ignoring her. Chelsea thinks she deserved it because she wasn’t talking to her and it was payback. She just left it alone.

“Chelsea, it’s time to go.” Her father said knocking on her door.

“Let’s get this over with.” She said walking out of her room. 

The funeral was small, just her, her father, and a few other family members. The service was sad the sky was dark; it looked as if it was going to rain. The December wind was blowing threatening to get inside of Chelsea’s coat, but she was keeping it out wrapping her coat tighter against her.

It was ripping her apart on the inside every emotion, every loss, just everything; she didn’t want to be there any longer. But she stayed for her father.

When the minister said that her mother lived a long happy life with the people she loved the tears threatened to fall, she tried so hard to push them back but they fell.

All of her emotions were pushed together. Reality had finally hit home and she couldn’t control herself. The tears spilled from her eyes and her father pulled her into a hug telling her everything would soon be over.

Deep down Chelsea knew it wouldn’t be over. Alexander was gone and wasn’t coming back, he had the choice to but he didn’t. Her mother was gone and couldn’t come back even if she wanted to.  She missed them both, and loved them both with everything inside of her.

“Chelsea why don’t you go on back to the car, I will meet you there in a minute.” Her father said after they put the casket in the ground.

“Are you sure?” she asked concerned about her father.

“Yes.” He said and walked over to the hole in the ground.

Chelsea walked down the sidewalk to the car and leaned against it. She watched a man in a black suit walk over to him and start talking. Just as she was going to look away, she saw Weston from the abandon house walking over to her in a nice but cheap suit.

“What do you want?” she asked him.

“I need you to come with me.” he said.

“What makes you think that is going to happen?” Chelsea snorted.

“if you don’t then your father will be in a hole right next to your mother.” He said, every word came out serious and scary.

“Why are you doing this?” She asked “Alexander is gone, he isn’t coming back.”

“Why are you so sure of that Chelsea?” he answered with a question. “Now come on or that man over there with your father will shoot him dead.”

Chelsea glanced over and saw the man with her father had his hand on a gun and was prepared to shoot her father. Her eyes widened.

“Come on.” Weston said and grabbed Chelsea by the arm. He pulled her over to a black SUV and pushed her in the back seat. He whistled to the man and climbed in beside her.  After the other man got into the SUV the driver sped off down the road.

“Now Chelsea, we can’t have you knowing where we are taking you so,” he paused and took something out of his pocket. “This won’t hurt a bit.”

“What is that? Get it away from me.” she cried trying to get away from it. Weston covered her mouth and nose in it so it was all she could breathe in. Her struggling was quickly fading away and soon she was out like a light.

When she woke up she couldn’t see anything, the room she was in was pitch black and kind of cold. The only noise in the room she could hear was small animals, mice maybe, running around and a dripping noise.

“It won’t be much longer now.” A man said and Chelsea was knocked out once more.

“Alexander, we have a problem!” Ashley yelled through the phone at her brother. “Chelsea’s gone, her father came back from the funeral without her, he said he didn’t know where she went.”

“I will be there soon.” Alexander said hanging up the phone. He was beyond pissed. He had left Chelsea, thinking it would be best for her, to protect her. But it turned out she probably would have been safer if he was still there.

Alexander knew it was probably a trap. But either way they were planning on killing Chelsea and him. At least they would be together once more.