~A New Friend~

~*~

Alexander saw the girl that was sleeping in the abandoned house that his sister and he were staying in, but he did not go inside knowing that the smell of her blood would overwhelm him and he would want to drink it. Instead he just stayed outside watching her small body sleep. Her blonde hair in her face, tear marks down her beautiful face. He knew she was in pain, but a monster like him usually wouldn’t care. He did though.

~*~

As quietly as possible Chelsea snuck back into her house, it was early 5 in the morning no one was awake, she noticed that her door was still closed and locked. She walked into the bathroom and turned on the hot water, the pipes whined and she prayed no one heard. She stripped off her clothes and stepped into the shower. The warm water washed over her body, and washed away all the events from last night.

Throwing on a black t-shirt with the words ‘bite me’ and a pair of blood red skinny jeans, Chelsea walked out of the bathroom and pulled on her black converses, she picked up her back pack and pulled on her hoodie. Once again she made her way out the window and down the road.

At six-o-clock it was too early to make her way into school so she stopped by the local McDonalds, walking inside a cool breeze meet her face.  Chills went down her spine and she walked up to the counter.

“Welcome to McDonalds may I take your order?” the girl said completely unenthused.

“Yeah I want a sausage biscuit and a strawberry banana smoothie.” Chelsea told the girl.

“That will be, $ 3.50.” she said. Chelsea pulled a five dollar bill out of her pocket and handed it to the girl. She gave her the change and went to get her food.

Sitting down in the back corner Chelsea began to eat her breakfast, the next person that walked through the door was Ashley. She looked over at Chelsea smiled and waved then went to the counter to order her own food.

After a few minutes Ashley came back and joined Chelsea at the table.

“What happened?” she asked referring to Chelsea’s broken arm.

“Oh, I um fell down the stairs.” She said using the same excuse she told the doctor.

“Yeah I will just pretend I believe you.” Ashley said casually.

“It’s the truth.” She said.

“sure.” Biting into her biscuit Ashley rolled her eyes.

“What makes you think I am lying?” she asked.

“I can tell.” Chelsea go t up and threw her trash away.

“I don’t need anyone feeling sorry for me, just because my home life is shit.” She told Ashley trying to keep calm.

“I’m just saying that if you need someone to talk to I am here.” She said.

“Good to know.” She said and walked out of the fast food restaurant.

The walk to school was lonely and kind of cold people past by not paying attention to where they were going, some people bumped into her and didn’t even feel the need to apologize. The same happened when she got to school, at her locker Chelsea was getting her books where the person beside her opened his locker and slammed it into her.

In her first class people were whispering about how abusive her father was, and how she should either leave or just kill herself already. She tried to ignore them but by the time lunch rolled around she couldn’t handle it anymore. She skipped lunch and went to the park and sat on the swing set by herself.

A few little kids were running around with their parents watching them making sure they didn’t get into any trouble.  When she looked up she saw this little boy standing in front of her, he had spiky blonde hair and freckles on his face. It had to have been the cutest little boy she had ever seen.

He waved at her furiously, “Hi!”

“Hello.” She said smiling.

“What happened to your arm?” he said in the cutest voice.

“Let’s just say I have a mean daddy.” She said looking sadly at the little boy.

“Jake let’s not bother the poor girl.” His mom said walking over to us.

“I’m sorry.” He said and gave her a big hug. She smiled at the little boy.

“It’s ok.” She said.

“I’m sorry if he was bothering you.” His mom said.

“He wasn’t, it ok.” Chelsea said to his mom.

“Come on Jake, I think it’s time we should go.” She said turning to the little boy.

“Can we get ice cream?” he asked excitedly.

“Sure.” His mom said.

“Bye.” He smiled waving at me.

“Bye bye.” I said smiling to him.

He ran away with his mom in tow behind him.  She smiled and began to rock in the swing. -If only everyone was as nice as that little boy the world would be a better place. She thought to herself.

~*~

He watched her from afar, she was on the swing, and a little boy came up to her. Alexander thought she would get rid of the boy but she talked to him, she told him that her dad was mean. hecame protective over her in that moment.  What was happening to him?

“Alexander what are you doing?” Ashley asked her brother.

“Shh.” He said trying to get her to leave.

“Just go to school, get to know her, don’t act like her stalker.” She said.

“I can’t.” he stated flatly.

“Why not? And don’t pull that whole ‘I’m a vampire’ thing, because guess what I am too.” She said. “And I think she and I are going to become great friends.”

“Yeah whatever you say.” Alexander said laughing. “Besides, I am nineteen don’t you think people will be creeped.”

“So? Tell them that you have to repeat senior year.” Ashley said.

“No I would rather not thank you.” He said. Ashley walked away from him and he turned back to the girl, she was swinging and not paying attention to the world around her.

In that moment he knew that he had to know who she was and he didn’t care about breaking the rules because in a way he already had. She was human and he was vampire, it was not supposed to happen, things could go wrong. He could kill her and that would kill him on the inside.

“Screw the rules.” He said and turned to leave.

~*~