~Protective Much~

~*~

“It’s almost eight have to go.” Chelsea said getting up from the floor.

“I don’t want you going back there.” Alexander said

“Alexander.” Ashley groaned.

“Not by yourself anyway.” He finished. “I will go with you.”

“Its fine I can go by myself.” Chelsea said rolling her eyes and walking to the front door. “I’ll see you tomorrow Ashley, goodnight.”

Alexander followed her out the front door and down the street.

“Why are you following me?” she asked.

“I said I was going with you, so I am.” He replied.

“Whatever.”

The wind was blowing slightly making Chelsea’s blonde hair whip around her face. Her footsteps softly hitting the concrete of the sidewalk, she was barely able to hear Alexander from behind her, she had to stop and turn around a few times to actually make sure he was there.

“I’m not going to run away.” He said softly. They turned onto Chelsea’s street and walked quietly until they reached the two story white house with blue shudders. She stopped before walking up the steps. Alexander not seeing she stopped ran into her almost causing her to fall to the ground, but he reached out and grabbed her arm so she couldn’t.

“Well, bye.” She said and walked up the stairs.

“Chelsea.” He said “I’m staying until your light in your room comes on.”

“You do that.” She said and opened the front door and walked in, glancing back at Alexander before she closed the door.

~~~

He could have swore he saw a smile on her face before she closed the door but he never thought that she would smile at a monster like him. Alexander waited for her bedroom light to come on but it never did. Just as he started to make his way to the house before him, he saw the light flicker on and he turned to leave.

He was almost a half a block away when he heard a faint scream of pain, with his vampire hearing. He stopped and stayed still for a moment. Then he heard it again, followed by a cry for help. He ran as fast as he could back to the house.

How could anyone hurt and girl as small and fragile as Chelsea, she couldn’t defend herself, that’s why he was here. He threw open the front door and it banged against the wall. Chelsea’s mom stood in front of him her eyes red and puffy like she had just been crying. She pointed up the stairs and Alexander jumped up them taking them two at a time.  There was another scream and he tried to open the door Chelsea was behind, but it was locked. He stood back and kicked it open, giant wooden splinters flew out from the door frame and he stood there in the door way growling.