~I'm With You~

“What made your dad so upset he started hurting you and your mom?” Ashley asked while her and Chelsea were down stairs making cookies.

“I don’t really remember, it was about two or three years ago, he came home and started drinking, one thing led to another, and he just got upset. That’s usually the main reason, other than that it is just a bad day at work.” She explained.

“There has to be more to it, Chelsea.” Ashley said looking at her.

“I should probably get home, Mom had a doctor’s appointment today and I want to know how it went, I will come by later.” Chelsea said and walked towards the door. Alexander did offer to walk her home this time, she felt kind of relived about it though. Chelsea could hear them talking as she walked out of the front door and she didn’t hear what they were saying, but what she did hear she didn’t like.

~*~

“Ashley they are here.” Alexander said tp his sister.

“Who?” she asked confused.

“The hunters, they have found us.” He stated simply.

“We have to leave!” she shouted and ran upstairs. Alexander was right behind her.

“You can I’m not, I have to stay and protect Chelsea.” He said.

“She can protect herself, once we get them off our trail we will come back. Chelsea will be fine, I doubt they even know about her.” Ashley said trying to reason with him.

“I don’t know Ashley, I don’t want to leave her.” A look of sadness swept over his face, Alexander was in love with Chelsea, she was his soulmate, he would die for her. He would do anything to keep her safe, even if it meant leaving her.

“I will go see her tonight when darkness falls, and we I get back we will leave. But we wont go far.” He said. Too much space from her would kill him emotionally. “I cant stand not seeing her.”

“Okay, tell her I will see her soon, and we will always be here when she needs us.” Ashley said and started throwing her clothes into a bag.

~*~

“Three months!!” Chelsea shouted once her mother told her she wouldn’t live much longer. “No! Your doctors are wrong they are stupid, how are you supposed to live your life in three months?!”

Chelsea was outraged, she didn’t want her mother to die, Chelsea’s  mom was supposed to be there with her through everything. Her wedding, having her first child, through the heartbreak and the bad time, through the good times. If she died that would never happen.

“I will always be with you my sweet angel.” Her mother said tears were streaking down her face, her eyes were red and puffy, and she was shaking trying to get the tears to stop.

“I don’t want you to leave.” She cried into her mother’s chest.

It felt like hours Chelsea was just crying but her mother still held onto her. Once the tears finally did stop she didn’t let go of her mother.

“Chelsea, your mother needs her sleep so do you. Go on up to bed.” Her father said coming into the room. Chelsea nodded and looked up at her mother, she wrapped her arms around her once more pulling her into a hug.

“I love you mom, so much.” She said.

“I love you to baby.” She said hugging Chelsea back.

Chelsea walked up stairs into her room, not even bothering to turn on the lights and collapsed on her bed, she curled up with her pillow sobbing quietly.

When Alexander entered the room, Chelsea could feel it but she didn’t want to acknowledge his presents.  He walked over to the bed and sat beside her.

“Chelsea, what’s wrong?” He asked. Chelsea looked up into his blue eyes and threw her arms around him. “Please tell me.”

“She’s dying, and no one can do anything. Three more months and she will be gone.” Chelsea wanted to cry more, but it was like she was dry the tears didn’t come.

“Chelsea, I am so sorry, if I could do anything I would I swear, but there is nothing.” He said taking a pause.

“Why are you here?” she asked.

“I needed to talk to you and you aren’t going to like it.” He said. Chelsea looked up at him and rraised her eyebrows telling him to go on. “The hunters have found us, we cant stay any longer Chelsea, I am so sorry. I wanted to stay and protect you but, it is too risky, Ashley says they probably don’t even know about you.” He stopped.

“You’re leaving me?” she said barley above a whisper.

“I will always be here when you need me, I won’t be too far. I...I love you Chelsea.” He said. “You mean the world to me, I can’t let anyone hurt you, I am leaving to keep you safe.”

“Take me with you please, I don’t want to be away from you right now.” She begged him.

“I understand, but your mom needs you.” He said.

“And I need you and Ashley.” She cried. “You said you were going to be here for me through this.”

“I did, and I will.” He said pulling her to him. “I will always be with you.”

“That’s what my mom said.” Chelsea said sadly pushing him away, “But she won’t and neither will you.”

“You’re wrong; your mother will always be in your thoughts and in your head, as will I. When they are off our trail, I will come back, I will come back to you.” He said. His words sounded so true, but when it came right down to it, would he really?

She looked at him as though he was her world, and in a way he was, he meant everything to her, she was just afraid to say it.

“Here.” He said holding out a gold object. “It was my mothers, I want you to hold onto it for me and keep it safe.”

“A locket?” she asked.

“Yes” he said moving her hair so he could put it around her neck. “But its not just a locket, it’s a promise.”

“Promise?” she asked.

“That I will return.” He said and kissed her neck. “You are my soul mate, and so much more.”

She leaned up and kissed him lightly on the mouth. “I will wait on you, no matter who long it takes.”