~I Have Cancer~

~*~

A few days later Chelsea was out with Ashley and Alexander, just spending a normal day at the park when Chelsea’s phone started to play ‘Shots’ by LMFAO quickly she answered it.

“Hello?” she said into the phone.

“Chelsea, this is your dad you need to come home.” He said.

“Why?” Chelsea asked.

“It’s your mother.” He said not saying anything further.

“What’s wrong? Did you hurt her?” she asked concerned.

“No. It’s bad.” He said.

“Okay I will be there soon.” She said and hung up without saying goodbye.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” Alexander asked.

“Yes I’m sure I will be fine.”Chelsea said.

“Okay.” He said and walked back off down the street leaving Chelsea in front of her house by herself.

Slowly she walked up the front steps and opened the front door; she stepped inside and heard the faint sobs of her mother coming from upstairs. She saw her dad in the kitchen making a pot of coffee and resting his head on his hand at the table.

“What’s going on?” she asked closing the door.

“Chelsea?” her mother’s voice said and she heard running footsteps from upstairs.

“Mom.” She said and ran to the stairs. “What’s wrong are you okay?”

“Come on honey lets go into the living room and talk.” She said and walked with Chelsea into the living room.

“Please just tell me.” Chelsea cried.

“Sit down Chelsea.” Her dad said coming into the living room. Chelsea sat down on the couch with each of her parents beside her.

“Honey, this is hard to tell you….I have been diagnosed with cancer.” Her mom said a few tears escaping her eyes.

“What your joking right? Please tell me you are joking.” Chelsea cried.

“It’s not a joke baby, I have breast cancer.”

“There has to be something they can do.” she said through tears.

“There isn’t they found it too late.” her father said.

“No, mom no, you can’t die you can’t leave me.” She said and ran upstairs. She slammed her door closed so hard, it could have flown off the hinges.

She put her head in her hands and let the tears flow.

“Don’t cry.” Alexander’s voice said from the other side of the room.

“Alexander? What are you doing here?” she asked confused.

“I heard you scream and cry so I came to see if everything is okay.”He said walking over to her.

“It’s not; the world is so jacked up right now.” She said.

A knock came at the door. Her father’s voice spoke.

“There is something else you should know Chelsea.” He said.

“What is it?!” she demanded.

“They said it might carry on to you, so watch yourself.” He said, Chelsea heard him walk away and a whole new round of tears made their way down her face.