Chapter 5

“What about here?” Johnson asked for the thirtieth time. Jason shook his head again.        

            “It doesn’t even matter how much secret security is there, we wouldn’t be able to get under the room without making too much noise.” he said.           

            They’d been going back and forth at this for almost a half hour now. Johnson had his ‘buddies’ scope the white house, finding out how much secret security was at every corner. The real security, it seemed, weren’t always the ones in the black suits with black glasses as everyone stereotyped them to be. Those were security, but they were more for show. The real security were men and women who pretended to be tourists or random white house workers. In other words, they could be anyone wearing a loose enough shirt to hide weapons under it.

            Yeah, I’d learned that all in five minutes, as Johnson drew the capitol. Jason meanwhile was giving me a rundown of bombing 101.

            Jason had pulled up a chair for himself, and I was expecting him to pull up one for me, but instead he pulled me onto his lap, and had has arms wrapped around my waist, and sometimes, when Johnson was looking, moved them down to rub my bare thigh. The thing that scared me a little, though, was when he did that eve though we both clearly saw that Johnson was looking.

            “Here?” Johnson asked, pointing to another room the drew, which was on the complete opposite side as to where he pointed the last time.     

            Jason shook his head again, his hair brushing against my shoulder.

            “Too far.”

            Johnson turned to me. “What do you think, Natasha?”        

            “Uh…” I turned to Jason, who was giving me a look of reassurance for once. But I knew that if I didn’t get this right, behind the reassuring look, there’d be one of punishment.           

            “What if it isn’t too far?” I asked stupidly.

            Jason rolled his eyes and gritted his teeth. “Don’t be silly, Tash. You and I both know it is.”       

            Think of something. C’mon, anything!

            “That’s not what I mean. You said you had insiders working for the secret service, right?” I asked Johnson, who nodded.

            “What if they got you in to the party that night?”   

            “What do you mean?”

            “The security guards know who the secret service members are, right?” I asked. I was literally making it up as I go, stealing parts of the growing plan from numerous TV shows and movies I’d seen, and piecing it together into one.

            “Yeah,” Jason said slowly, cautiously, as if what I say next was going to blow the whole warehouse up or something.

            “Well what if they get us in? Like, they enter our names onto the list for the party?”

            “It’s really high security, I’d doubt that we could ever be able to do that…” Jason started, but I cut him off.

            “Aren’t you America’s most wanted right now? If that random couple can do it, you should be able too!” I said, getting excited.