Beautiful Monster (A Jason Mccann Love Story)

Do you ever have one of those days where you wake up and feel something’s wrong? Then usually, it turns out to be nothing, but sometimes, just sometimes, it turns into something?

I knew something wasn’t normal once I woke up from a dreamless sleep. I always had dreams when I slept. But that night, I had none. Just blackness, all night long.

            Groggily getting up and going through the usual morning routine, I turned on the television, and noticed it was on the news channel. I was bout to change it, but the subtitle about someone escaping prison caught my eye.

            A pretty blonde reporter was on the Maryland morning news, discussing the newest breaking story. She flashed her teeth and smiled, but her face slowly turned into a grimace, inferring the watcher as to what she was going to say.

            “Junior bomber Jason McCann has escaped from Las Vegas Federal Prison last night. His inmates supposedly knew nothing about the break out. Oh, and why is it we call him junior? He’s the catch, ladies and gentleman: this bad boy bomber’s only sixteen years old. His older brother, whom he used to live with, was supposedly killed by the Las Vegas Police Department. Ever since, young Jason has been trying to avenge the government for his brother’s death. Rumor has it young Jason was last seen passing through Virginia. What’s Jason doing on the east coast? Only time will tell, but we hope to catch him before then. In the meantime, here’s a picture of him. If you see him, call nine one one right away.”

            I watched as a mug shot flashed onto screen of a teenaged boy with moppy brown hair. He was handsome, in a badass way. His auburn hair was perfectly in place, and it complimented his profoundly noticeable jawline. He had dazzling hazel eyes that looked like they could be dangerous.

            “And why call the emergency line?” the reporter asked. “Jason is known for bombing and attempted murder, as well as almost taking out twelve members of the LVPD singlehandedly.”

            Singlehandedly?         

            I clicked off on the remote, and the TV slowly faded to black. I didn’t particularly want to listen all about the bad boy bomber kid that was in the bordering state to me. Virginia borders Maryland, and I tried to forget about the fact that today we had a school trip to Washington DC.

            Little did I know that today would be the day I met Jason McCann, in circumstances no one would have ever wanted.