Chapter 1

Lulu's P.O.V

I rush into the carriage before my father thinks I'm taking too long and gets angry. I enter and take my seat next to my twin brother, James. He gives me a dirty look as I purposefully step on his foot. My father explains that today we are going to the village to visit the blacksmith and his apprentice.

"But father this is my favourite dress and I don't want to get it dirty. Also there's no one I know there. I'll be so bored" .

My father frowns at me.

"Lulu this is what the royal family is expected to do. Stop worrying about your dress. You have plenty more at home".

I sigh and roll my eyes as I look out the window as we near the village.

When we get to the village we are greeted by the many villagers. My father and brother ignore them but I say their greetings and head off to the direction of the blacksmith. As we make our way to the blacksmiths my father lectures me on how to behave. I tune him out and turn around when I hear my father yell,

"Are you even listening to me?!"

I put on my most innocent smile and say "Yes father".

He sighs and shakes his head and James sticks his tongue out to me. Even though we are both 18 we still act like children.

When we reach the door the blacksmiths apprentice, I'm guessing, opens it.

"Thank you your majesty for giving me this opportunity as I would have never found it without you".

My dad replies with a scowl and says "Get up now Trent and go do your work. We came to meet your master not you".

Trent nods and runs back towards his master. I look at my dad.

"Father, how could you be so mean to him. He was doing nothing wrong".

I turn around and walk towards Trent with a purse full of coins.

I shove it into his hand and say sorry then run back to my family. I see my brother giving me a suspicious look. I look at Trent and notice his face go slack.

I smile at Trent and see him blushing fiercely and turn around. I start giggling. I can't help it. I've never seen anyone as embarrassed as he is. My father talks to the blacksmith about something to do with our oven and the quality of the metal or something.

I turn to walk over to the carriage when I hear my brother yell for me. I ignore him and walk back to the carriage but he follows me into it. I sit down and he moves around so he is facing me.

He looks at me with questioning eyes and says,

"What did you give to the blacksmiths apprentice, what was his name again?".

"His name is Trent and I didn't give him anything except for an apology for fathers behaviour."

I know he doesn't believe what I say but he doesn't push me.

When we arrive at the castle I head straight to my en-suite. I take a bath using lavender and lime soap and change into my night gown. I head to bed but can't remove the image of Trent blushing from my mind.

-----------------------------

I wake up the next day still thinking about Trent. I can't seem to focus on anything except for him. My dad notices me daydreaming while eating breakfast. Mother asks me what is distracting me but I just shake my head. Father tells me he is heading to the village and I offer to go with him. Because I never usually go my father gives me a confused look but nods his head. When we get to the village my father wanders off to the bakers and I casually walk over to the blacksmiths, I knock on the door and Trent rushes over to answer.

I tell him to meet me by the back door of the blacksmiths and he says that he'll get in trouble from his master. I reply to this by walking over to the blacksmith and say in my most royal and demanding voice.

"I would like to speak to your apprentice"

He nods and gives a warning look to Trent. I walk over to the back and Trent follows me. I twist on my heel to face him and say,

"I would like you to work in the castle. You do not have to but you would be paid more than you get paid here. The only job there is though is being a chef and being a janitor. It is your choice".

Treat looks at me like I've gone crazy.

"I would love to your highness but I can't".

"Why ever not?"

"My sire won't allow it"

"I am the princess of Britain and no one can tell me what to do. Certainly your master would listen to me or else he shall spend some time in prison for arguing with me".

I walk back towards the blacksmith and tell him of our arrangement. He nods his head stiffly and I offer to find him a new apprentice. He agrees and asks Trent to stay behind. Trent nods and I pretend to leave but instead hide behind a desk. I hear mumbled sounds than a louder sound. I recognise it as a slap. I stand up and March my way across the room. Before I even get there I see the red mark on Trent's face. I turn to the blacksmith and tell him he is sentenced to 3 years in prison for abuse to a worker.

He curses under his breath and tries to run away but I stop him using my many years of karate and kickboxing experience. He grunts and I take him and Trent back to the carriage as father appears. I know father wouldn't approve of me offering a job to the apprentice so I say the truth.

He asks me what I am doing and I say,

"Father the blacksmith must be sentenced to 3 years behind bars for abuse to co-workers. I also cannot leave Trent alone with no job so I offered him a job as a janitor in the castle."

Father thinks about it for a bit but then nods his head. I smile with relief  as he turns around to step into the carriage. When we get back to the castle I lead Aiden to the dungeon and lock him in. I waste no time and climb back up the stairs to return to Trent.

I find him in the corner concentrating on his thoughts. I take the moment to relish how good he looks. He looks so peaceful with his light rubble on his jaw and olive skin. I'm snapped out of my trance when I realise I've  stared for too long. I walk to him and tell him that his shift starts tomorrow then lead him to his room. As I leave he grabs my hand and whispers a thank you. I smile and walk away from the man who's life I just changed.

Authors note

I am a new author so I don't know when I'll be writing and updating yet . Feel free to write your opinions. I couldn't have done this chapter without my friend @4evaSleepy .She was a big help in this chapter make sure you follow her. If anyone has a new cover for the book feel free to send it to me by dm. I didn't really know what to do for the cover so hopefully u have ideas.
Don't forget vote and comment!
Bye!💕✌🏻️