The Bet *Slumber Party

I hope you’ll like this. Enjoy! ;)

Chapter 45 *Slumber Party

~Sophia

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I grit my teeth as the cold water touches my bare skin. They’re like ice that sends pinpricks to my body. My mom said that if I want my fever to be completely gone, I have to take a cold shower.

So here I am, enduring this nightmare. I’m feeling fine by the second though, and I can’t help but think it’s worth it. I’m already absent yesterday so I need to go to school today because I don’t want to be late with the discussions in class.

I’m grateful Driana came by last night and explained to me what they did. She even went to my classrooms and asked my classmates about what they tackled so she can inform me. Before she went home with Draky, I narrated what happened to my parents. She looked worried, and made me promise to call her when I need something- anything. The twins made my recovery fast. Now I can feel my body returning to normal.

When I’m refreshed, I walk out of my bathroom and into my bedroom to rummage my closet.

After a few seconds, I find what I’m looking for. A smile appears on my face when I look at the mirror- I’m wearing a floral blouse that emphasizes my blue eyes, a jeans that that’s not too tight or too loose, and my favorite sandals.

Before I forgot, I clasp the necklace and the charm bracelet Draky and Driana gave me for my birthday. Grabbing my bag, I head downstairs and when I smell something delicious, I decide to go to the kitchen.

“Morning,” I say to my mom who’s preparing a breakfast.

“Morning Sophia,” she replies.

“Where’s Dad?” I ask.

“Still sleeping,” she answers. “Here’s your food, I’ll drive you to school when you’re done eating.”

“No, I can ride a bus."

“I insist,” she states, a smile on her face.

“Okay.” And then I start eating bacon, eggs, and sausages. Being sick made me hungry.

When I finished eating, I brush my teeth again and meet my mom in her car.

 “I almost forgot to tell you," my mom says, starting the engine of her car, "your dad and I are going to the hospital out of town later.”

“What?” I ask. “I thought he’s fine? There’s no need to go to the hospital.”

“Yes.” She sighs. “Remember, he has to go twice a year, and tomorrow will be his first check up after the operation.”

“But he already went there last week,” I mumble.

“That doesn’t count.”

“Oh.”

“I don’t want you to stay in the house alone,” she tells me.

“Mom!”

“You can sleep at Driana’s place,” she suggests.

“I’m seventeen,” I complain.

“Precisely.”

“I can take care of myself,” I say, frowning.

“I know.” She smiles sadly. “It’s the people today I don’t trust.”

“How many days do I have to stay there?”