Chapter V

"So..." Dean said slowly; drawing my attention from the empty hallway, to him."

"So?"

He cleared his throat. "What did you and Cain talk about?" he asked

"I talked he just sat there," I shrugged "Than again, I didn't really give him a chance to say anything."

"I never seen him so...out of it." he said

"He seems like he's doing fine to me. He has Sasha as a distraction."

"I guess." he shrugged "So why did you ask me to join you?"

"You haven't met my friends yet. They're the best." I replied as we came to a stop in front of their room. I opened the door and pulled Dean in with me. "Honey I'm home!"

"You're such an idiot." Ash laughed 

"I'm a lovable idiot!" I grinned 

"Yeah, whatever!" she scoffed "Who's your new friend?"

"Ash, this is Dean; my other roommate. Dean this is one of my best friends Ashlee." I said introducing them.

"It's nice to meet, Dean." she smiled

"You too." he nodded

"Everyone else is in the living room; except Jas. I have no idea what she's doing, she locked herself in her room." Ash said

"She's skyping!" Kai shouted from the living room.

"Hey guys!" I said walking into the room. "This is my roommate, Dean." I said when they all looked up "Dean, these are the guys, Nate, Kai and Mana."

"Sup!" they said in unison

"Hey." Dean said

"DONE!" Jas exclaimed running out of her room "God can my mother talk! I swear I couldn't even get a word in between her and my dad."

"Dean, this is Jasmyne. Jas this is my roommate Dean." I said

Went completely still my mouth open in shock when Jas ran up to Dean and attacked him. Not in the he's-the-enemy way; in the he's-my-mate way. I had never seen someone so....I don't even have the word for it. Dean was holding her up with her legs wrapped around his waist while she framed his face with her hands. 

"Mate." she whispered

"Mine." he said

"Well," I cleared my throat "This is...I don't even know. Congrats, I guess." I said

"Who would've thought you and Jas would find your mates when we came here." Ash said nudging me with her elbow.

"At least he isn't like Cain." I said smiling at my best friend and her mate. "He's a good guy." 

"He'll come around eventually." she said

"I don't think he will and I'm fine with that." I said 

When Jas and Dean were finished staring at one another we all sat around and ate dinner. We talked and laugh like any other time we were together. I was happy I had friends like this group. They were everything to me and I wouldn't change that for the world. As the night came to a close we said our goodbye's. It was harder for Jas and Dean since they didn't really want to part. I laughed as Ash and I had to pry her off of him. We left and Dean promised that he'd come and get her in the morning.

As Dean and I walked back to our room I kept sneaking glances at him; he had that goofy smile on his face. I shook my head and smiled along with him. Dean really was a great guy and Jas is lucky to have him. Any one with a mate was lucky; well, any one with a mate to didn't reject them. I did not like the way my thoughts were headed to I was happy that Dean had decided to speak.