XXVI. Honeysuckle

Tessa Kade

Chapter 26: Honeysuckle

I was on a high. Completely wasted on this drunken feeling whenever Liam was around me - which was quite often as of recently. Since our rather large out break back in Australia three weeks ago we've been able to make arrangements to see each other a lot. After spending the day after our confessions touring my family around, I accompanied Liam back to England where I met his family. I don't think I've ever met such nice people before, which is a stark difference between the rowdy nature of my own.

His sisters Ruth and Nicola were quite something, a pair if I say so myself but really chill girls nonetheless. As for Karen and Geoff, well I would love to consider them my own parents at this point, despite my relationship with Liam being fresh and new. It's not as if it's weird to say either since my own mom blubbered about Liam the second she had a chance to talk to me alone. I bet she's one of those people who was secretly routing for the relationship the entire time.

Sadly my time spent with the Payne family was shorter than intended since the paps started to pick up on me being caught with Liam so much. Relationship rumors went flying but we mutually decided to say nothing until a big event when the question will be unavoidable. I headed back home for two weeks - which were absolutely horrible - and just recently flew back out for the previously mentioned "event" we were waiting for.

"The Class of '92," Liam had said with the biggest grin on his face.

Now being my typical American self I had absolutely no idea what in the hell he was talking about, but agreed to it. An eight hour flight later, 1 hour in the back of a car and half an hour of chit-chatting with his family once more and I was sat in front of a laptop. I knew that Liam liked soccer, or "football" but the way his face lit up like a Christmas tree made me giggle. He never expressed so much like towards something.

"I don't know a thing about so-" I started, but shut my lips, "football."

"That's fine," He shrugged, "I can teach you some of it."

"Oh please, I don't want to learn a sport in two days," I scoffed back at him.

"I don't think you could learn a sport in two days even if you tried," He commented.

My body adjusted to stare at him beside me, my mouth slightly open as I took in his words and lack of faith he had in me. Since we'd officially started dating he wasn't as afraid to say certain things which was beneficial but other times it irked me. For instance he made it his mission to call me out every time I called him "dude" or "bro", saying it wasn't very lady like.

"In that case," I puckered my lips, "where's that soccer ball I know you have hidden in your room?"

His brow rose and a grin slid onto his lips as he lent onto the table with one elbow, "You're a trip, you know that?"

"Soccer ball," I said sternly, "now."

"No I can just explain everything to you with plays," He waved me off, pulling the laptop in front of him and typing away.

"I learn better with hands on demonstrations," I sighed.

A coy smirk met his lips once again as he glanced at me in the most suggestive way for him to possibly come up with. "Is that so?"

"Perv," I scowled. At this a laugh echoed to my ears before his hand wrapped around my mid section and pulled me closer to him. On the screen there were already a few diagrams opened along with random symbols placed all about.

"Now this," Liam pointed at a circle, "is a Forward."

"Why is he called a Forward? That's so random." This was going to be one long day if this was all Liam had planned.