XII. Fudge Brownie

Tessa Kade

Chapter 12: Fudge Brownie

There was no greater freedom than when I woke up five days after I'd hung out with Liam, finding myself feeling exceptionally better. My mind was free, my body felt alive and boy, was I craving to stir up some mischief in compensation for the dull week that was my life. Considering I'd made it out of last weeks hotel without another run in with Jase I knew that I'd have to stir up something.

Sitting up in bed I stared across the room at the blank wall ahead of me, hand combing through the ends of my hair as I thought of what to do. I had the morning off since sound check wouldn't be until later tonight around six or seven. Honestly the possibilities were endless but I found my eyes peering over to my phone on the bed side table, plugged into the wall as it charged. Almost in an obsessive manor I snatched the thing into my hand, unlocking the screen and noticing I had three new text messages.

Not so surprisingly, two were from Liam. It was weird how after the day we spent together we started texting more, not every single day but enough that we kept up with each other. I specifically told myself I couldn't get angry at him for dumb shit but now that I'm back to my normal self, who knows what'll happen.

Liam: Hello America, Mr. Payne is back~

Liam: A fan just tried to take my plaid shirt, there's a hole in it now

It's bad that these are typical texts from him, I mean really bad 'cause it means he's comfortable literally telling me anything. What's worse is that I find myself caring, well not really but these kinds of things are amusing. He's so different from what I'm used to in people since most of my acquaintances are scared of me or hate me. Instead he just walked right in past my hard surface and decided that he was going to stay. I mean that in a friendly way though.

Me: I don't think they want you there, especially if they're ripping your clothes off ;)

The second after I sent it I realized how it sounded but rolled my eyes at my impulsive message, instead looking at the third message I had. Not so surprisingly it was from Yasmin, reminding me that I had the morning off but needed to be on stage by six. Ever since our little spat in the car she'd been less clingy but more professional towards me. I still had yet to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing since it could mean many things.

With my sudden acknowledgement that I couldn't stay in bed all day again, I threw my covers off of me and stood up. My arms stretched towards the ceiling, hiking up my shirt as I strode towards the bathroom. Nothing says good morning like standing under the wonderful spray of hot water from the shower head. The time spent in the bathroom wasn't as long as I thought it was though as before I knew it I was digging through my suitcase for clothes.

If I could I'd stay in the shower all day simply because it's the most relaxing thing in the world to me. I'd once attempted to go to a spa but the poking and prodding of other people fixing me up was uncomfortable. Sure the massage was nice but then I was covered in oils afterwards and had to wash off in the shower, which topped off that day.

After fulfilling my morning routine of washing my body, brushing my teeth and hair I decided on eating in the dining room over ordering room service. It's my day, why not treat myself right? So just like that I slid into my sandals and threw my damp hair into a pony tail before heading downstairs. There weren't many people around, which I was grateful for, so I easily filled up my plate and took a seat at a lone table.

I was just about to put a sizable piece of waffle in my mouth when my butt vibrated with my phone going off. Figuring it as a text message I continued through with my action before pulling the dumb thing out of my pocket.

Liam: oh on the contrary Ms. Kade, I believe they /are/ trying to get in my pants ;)

"I knew it," I frowned at the message. This was exactly what I was expecting from him as a response since I basically set him up for a smooth comeback.

Me: Let's not get cocky now. Not everyone likes you.