XX. Pralines & Cream

Tessa Kade

Chapter 20: Pralines & Cream

We'd spent almost three hours working on some form of revenge, turning up short with the only idea being to make him jealous. Sadly, it was obvious that he was already jealous if he'd made a lame attempt at putting someone against me. I'd given up, Liam had given up and now we were both sitting around on the couch with Halloween movies playing. Marina and Warren returned a while ago but didn't really say much besides having a short conversation with Liam.

Apparently they were planning on going out again tonight and Marina almost pleaded with me to come but thankfully Warren stopped her. After last night I don't think I'll be touching alcohol for another month or so, not until my life is straightened out. Till then I guess it'll be spent just like this, watching movies and pigging out with chips and quesadilla's.

"What's the one thing you'd never want to have taken from you?" Liam questioned when the movie went to commercial break.

I frowned for a second before I turned to him, "Probably my family."

"Well obviously, but aside from your family," He grinned, taking a chip from the bowl in my lap.

"I guess my fans. They're everything to me and without them I'd be nothing," I concluded, smacking his hand when he reached for another chip. His tongue poked out at me, causing a giggle to tug from down in my belly.

"I can agree with that," He nodded, "and I bet Jase would too."

"Ugh, don't talk about that asshole." A groan rolled out from my throat. This time Liam made a small laugh, lifting the bowl from my lap as I made to move it onto the coffee table.

"Just think about it," Liam started again, "What if we could get all of Jase's fans to turn on him?"

"Isn't that a bit extreme?" My brow raised as I stared at the brown eyed boy.

"Isn't him trying to reveal your secrets and take you down extreme?" He countered back.

I shrugged, "Point made, but it'd be impossible to make that happen."

"Nothings impossible," He retorted with a sly grin.

"Ugh," I groaned loudly, making sure it sounded obnoxious, "I don't want to think about revenge for the rest of the day. Let's just sit here and do nothing."

Liam rolled his eyes at me but plucked more chips from the bowl with his eyes set forward on the TV. I stared at the side of his head for a bit, surprised at how easily he'd listened to me as he typically liked to shrug off anything I said. Taking his actions as a bit of a good thing I shook my head free of my thoughts and turned my attention to the TV.

For a good ten minutes I was involved in the show until it cut to commercial break, sending Liam and I back into the reality outside of the telly. It wasn't that it was a good show, it was just a distraction from actually having to think of a topic to talk about. There were plenty of things to say, more than I'd like to admit, but focusing on things in the past wasn't what I should be thinking of.

The idiot beside me had no idea what was going on and listened childishly to an arse who thought himself higher than everyone else. In some ways Liam really had no control over what he was doing and I'm not sure I can fault him for that anymore. Jase is a sick bastard whose fame obsessed and willing to remote to lies and scandals to get to the top.

"Hey, Tess?" Liam broke me from my train of thought.

With an over dramatic sigh I lolled my head to the side, "Yes?"