XXV. Peppermint

There's probably a lot of typos and grammatical errors in here. I'm sorry, I was rushing to post!

______________________

Tessa Kade

Chapter 25: Peppermint

"I -uh- I need some, uh," I faltered. My eyes were looking everywhere but at his, afraid of whatever look he could be giving me.

Yes! My sub conscience yelled at me in a beg for me to just let myself accept the fact that I may like Liam. You do like him, idiot!

"So I guess that's a no," He murmured and took a full step away from me.

"What? No! That's not what I'm saying I just," I sighed heavily, "I don't know."

"I'm not asking you to go to Mars with me, Tessa," He scoffed. It was obvious that he was just as flustered as me but he seemed more annoyed if anything.

"Look I'm just not sure, okay? I just need a little bit of time to figure this out," I spoke softly, hands tittering and tucking together as I spoke truthfully.

His eyes rolled widely though, "Yeah, sure, time to figure out how to get rid of me."

My eyes bulged at his reaction. Just seconds ago he was all soft and shy, filled with concern and possible hope but now he's angry? What the hell did I even do?

"I don't know what kind of stick you've got up your ass but you can't just force me to tell you," I started, brows furrowing as my jaw began to tighten, "I know I feel something for you and I don't know what it is. I just need time Liam and if you could stop being such a brat about it that'd be great."

"It's just a simple yes or no! Did you or did you not feel anything when I just kissed you?" He huffed and brought himself closer to me again.

Clearly he doesn't know the concept of "I need time" or hasn't ever been in this kind of position. It's funny how he expects an answer from me at the snap of his fingers as if I can determine my feelings for him like that. This isn't some kind of game though, I don't roll the dice and know where I'm going to land and that's that. These are my emotions, the ones that I haven't felt before which makes it insanely difficult to understand what is going on.

Why can't he just be a man and ask me flat out if I like him instead of relying on a kiss? Why can't I just grow some and answer him instead of dismissing the question? Oh the questions that may never be answered, wonderful. Liam's got his life sorted out and knows what he wants, he's been in love before meanwhile I've never had anything more than a fling or one night stand. This isn't the road I take towards a relationship.

"Forget it, Tessa. Don't even worry about the kiss 'cos it's clearly more than what I think it is to you," He said gruffly, running his fingers through his hair. Every now and then he'd tug at the ends as he paced and shuffled around.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

At this he stopped and looked at me with possibly the most painful expression I've ever seen from a human face before. "So that's it? That's your answer?"

"Ugh," I groaned, covering my face with my hands, "No! Stop reading into my words so much! I was apologizing for stressing you out, holy fuck."

He didn't say anything afterwards and I couldn't bring myself to keep looking straight at his eyes 'cos I was afraid I would say something I was unsure of. I felt horrible for not giving him an answer, for simply staring at him and getting angry - although he got mad for no reason.