III. Mint

Tessa Kade 

Chapter 3: Mint 

There are a lot of moments in my life when I really wish I could bury myself into a hole and emerge years later when people have forgotten about me. This was not one of those moments but it was damn near close and it's only because my hormones had decided to show their lovely faces. For an reason unknown to me I actually started to tear up and sniffle then I laughed and got angry when a portion about the hate came up. For pete's sake, I don't even know them let alone sat down and listened to their music unless I wasn't forced! 

But it gets better, way better actually because I apparently let out such a big sniffle that the asshole sitting next to me actually pat my knee and offered a smile I could barely see. I didn't exactly acknowledge it but the mere fact that he attempted to comfort me at a movie about himself was beyond me. Overall I wasn't sure whether to think it was a conceited move or a genuine way of trying to make me feel better, either way I was becoming overly skeptical about the lad.

As the movie rolled to an end I dragged a single finger under my eyelid just in time for the lights to come back on and reveal what I was guessing was a puffy eyed Tessa. All around me people were clapping, some people turning around and giving smiles at the line of boys beside me. There were a few whistles and then a break out of chanting that soon quieted down when people realized they could leave.

Unlike everyone else I sat stark still, only standing up to allow people past me when they started to shuffle down the aisle. Liam had actually almost made it past me until I smacked my hand over his chest and backed him up into his seat. The other members of his band whom I didn't know the names of except for Harry, gave the action a quizzical look.

"Go, I need to talk to him," I forced a polite smile, gesturing to the stairway that led back into the lobby. Once again all the boys shared looks before patting Liam on the shoulder or whispering something about not spending too much time talking as they left. 

It was nearly just the two of us left when I finally turned to Liam, arms folded over my chest and eyes glaring straight at his chest. If I wasn't so emotionally challenged at the moment I would grin at his uneasy stance but sadly I wasn't even sure how menacing I looked. 

"So," He started, shoving his hands into his pockets, "Did you like the movie?"

"It was just lovely," I said sarcastically with my eyes rolling, "But I had something on my mind while I was trying to "enjoy" it."

His eyes danced around, refusing to meet my own as if I would burn him with my stare, "Well that's a shame, sorry to hear."

"Do you want to take a guess at what it was, Mr. Payne?" I took a single step forward, forcing him to look at me.

"Not really, that seems like an invasion of personal matters," He dodged with a nodding agreement to his own words, "Something I don't generally do."

"Oh but I insist," I grinned with a fake smile, "please do take a good guess."

Once again he attempted to look anywhere but me, "A pin was hurting your hair and you didn't want to stick your arm up because it would be rude?"