IV. Rocky Road

Liam Payne 

Chapter 4: Rocky Road 

"Liam!" I spun around on my heel, eyes wide as they landed on Morgan, "Having a good time?"

"You could say that," I grinned, taking his hand and giving him an awkward hug. 

"Well it looks like the movie was a hit, everyone's been asking me about how it was," He continued on with a spreading smile.

A polite smile stretched on my lips as I listened to him go on about the various conversations he had with people. Don't get me wrong I loved the man to death but this was a party and given the tiny spat I had with Tessa, I'm more than ready to get tipsy and let loose. Kind of rude to be this way towards the director himself but I can't help it, the dude could talk forever if he tried.

"That's crazy," I jumped in, "But look I promised Niall that I'd do a shot or two with him."

Morgan shook his head and smiled knowingly, "Alright, go have fun but not too much."

"You got it," And with that I waved him off and disappeared into the growing dance floor crowd. It wasn't a complete lie, Niall legitimately wanted to do a couple of shots with me but later when it didn't matter if we were a tiny bit out of it. The blond was currently talking off Ellie Goulding's ear so there would be no way I'd be getting a word in with him until later.

All around me people were enjoying themselves, smiling and singing along to the music that was beating out the rather large speakers. A casual smile slid onto my face in an effort to mask the irritation that I had seeping through me.

That Kade girl surely had a lot of nerve to call me out at my own movie premiere. It was bugging me beyond belief that she had shot down my defense and turned it on me to make it seem as if I was doing something bad. Sometimes girls are confusing but jeez, Tessa's just an enigma of rock hard wall. There's literally no talking to her in a civil way unless you've been a close friend of hers like Jase is, or more, was

My fingers were beginning to curl at my sides as my mind reeled on so in a feeble attempt to get it to stop I scoped out the place. There must have been a hundred people here easily if not two hundred. All the faces were blurred in my vision though, the lights too dim for me to really make out any features amongst the people sat at the tables. Eventually, when a dance light passed over the place, I made out that Harry was talking it up with a couple of girls, Ed Sheeran standing idly beside him. 

How'd he even make it here? Isn't he supposed to be on the RED tour with Taylor or was he able to get away for a day? Well either way it's best to not think about it and simply enjoy the fact that there was somebody I could talk to. 

I carried myself towards the small group, politely shimmying past a girl who was trying desperately to get Harry's attention. A questioning smile slipped onto my face as I glanced at the other lad standing near Harry, holding a rather nice conversation with him. My head shook off the entire scene, eyes dead set on Ed who was already watching me.

"Hey!" I called out, arms opened.

"It's you!" He barked out with a laugh.