XXI. Peanut Butter

Tessa Kade 

Chapter 21: Peanut Butter 

"You know you don't have to follow me around all the time." I grinned at Adam from over my shoulder. It'd taken quite a bit of convincing but I finally got him into regular clothes and I must say, it was a pleasant change from the normal suite he had on.

"It's kind of in my job description," He shrugged back, "Plus if I randomly left you then you'd probably get mobbed."

"We're on a private beach for paying customers," I pointed out, "There's barely 50 people in sight."

"That's not the point," He huffed back, falling in step beside me. My eyes rolled at his clear intent to be correct and be a damn prude like he always is when he's in work mode.

It was nice to have Adam around despite this business persona that he'd been holding up since we touched down in Australia. Sure over the week he had loosened up a bit -- most of which coming from me telling him to invite his fiance next week -- but he was still uptight. Today was the one time that I was able to get away from the hotel and I was taking advantage of it as much as I could. Adam was just being difficult and boring.

"Any specific reason why we came to this beach?" Adam spoke up. He probably didn't like the silence anymore than I did. "You did make me drive an hour and a half to get here."

"Well, it may or may not have something to do with a certain boy bander." A smile was already lit up on my face as I anticipated seeing Liam. He knew that I was in Sydney but he had no idea that today was a break day and thanks to the handy news around here, I knew he was at this beach. It may seem like a stalker move but to be fair I hadn't seen him in nearly a month and despite my conscience telling me to stay away from him, I took it upon myself to seek him out.

"You're unbelievable," Adam groaned, nudging me with his elbow.

In an almost instinct reaction I tossed my hair over my shoulder and flashed him a smile, "Tell me something I don't know."

"Wow," He chuckled, "he must mean a lot to you."

"What? How?" My brows furrowed, feet sinking further into the sand as we walked closer towards a large pavilion.

"Tessa you're basically glowing with excitement," Adam chuckled. "And you don't do that very often."

"Gee thanks." I rolled my eyes and gave him a firm shove while sticking my tongue out.

"I'm just being honest!" He exclaimed, arms spread out wide and feet fumbling in the sand.

"Whatever." With that I marched straight up to the surf rental and waited for the person beside me to finish getting their board.

Luckily I seemed rather incognito today with my hair piled on top of my head and my eyes donned in five dollar rip-off ray bans. To anybody else I looked like an American tourist who was enjoying her day on the beach. Sometimes it was funny to think about if anyone would realize who I was when I was out in the open like this. I'd probably be swarmed...

"Sorry about that," A voice chimed into my head.

I snapped my neck upwards and met the bright blue eyes of a sandy haired male, his tan upper body exposed whilst his lower half was covered by a swimsuit. "No problem."

"So, uh, are you renting today?" He asked awkwardly. 

I smiled at him and shook my head, "Nope, just wondering where Liam Payne is. You know, that famous boy bander from One Direction."

He looked shocked at my bold question and a little disturbed at the same time, "I'm not realy allowed to say anything about his whereabouts."

"Oh don't worry, I'm a friend of his," I reassured only to be interrupted by Adam quietly laughing behind me. My eyes turned on him with a glare but he couldn't catch it through my sunglasses although the scowl on my face caused him to go tight lipped.