Proluge

Tessa will be played by Zoey Deutch

"What do you mean your joining the army?" My mother screamed at Ryan. Tears were streaming down her face. Ryan had always wanted to join the army. Know that he finally was our mother couldn't accept it.

Ryan decide to tell me before he told mom. He thought it would be easier that way. I can't blame him though. I'm glad he told me otherwise I would be yelling right along with mom.

"I can't lose my only son." Our mother sobbed for the tenth time. "Mom, don't worry I'll be alright beside Colton will be there with me." My mouth dropped in shock.

"What did you say?" Ryan looks at me confused. "Didn't Colton tell you he was enlisting with me?" I shock my head tears forming in my eyes. "No he never did."

Ryan looks at me with sympathy. "I'm sorry Tess, I thought he told you last night. That was the whole reason he took you to dinner." I could feel the tears stream down my face.

It all mad since know. He seemed so on edge during our entire date. He was trying to find the right time to tell me. Tears fell from my face. How could I have not noticed.

"When do you guys leave?" My mom asked through sobs. "Tomorrow morning." The house was quite for a few minutes. There leaving tomorrow and Colton still hasn't told me.

"I'm going to go talk to Colton." I say whipping my tears away and standing up. "No you are not you can see him tomorrow we are spending the rest of the day as a family."

I sat back down looking over to Ryan. He could clearly see the pain in my eyes. "Mom just let her go for an hour to say goodbye." Mom shuck her head. "No way she can say her goodbyes in the morning."

That was one thing about mom she was very stubborn. I guess I have her to thank for that trait. But she was true to her word. I said goodbye to Colton that morning.

The morning he decided to breakup with me. He said I deserved better. I deserved someone who wouldn't die miles away from me. I couldn't say I blamed him. It sounds rational when your in a situation like this.

A/N
Hope you guys like the first chapter. Please let me know what you think.
Next Update: Sunday possibly Thursday