Chapter Nine

Staring down at the puddl outside of the hotel was the sadest part of my life. I dont have a job, my best friend hates me, without my job i wont be able to keep paying for my house...

I'm a bum.

I muddy water beneath me filled with salty tears showed a reflection towards me. I hated what i saw. I hate who i am. I'm not a ood person, i know. And lately i've only been thinking of myself.

"Hurry! The cast is going out tomorrow!" Cheyanne called, grabbing my hand. "Hurry!"

"Chey.." i said, not moving at all. "We arent part of the cast anymore, remember?"

"Oh, Hav. Come on. Did Roxanne not tell you? They got our jobs back, silly! Turns out it'd cost to much to recast..." this time i was caught by surprise when she jerked me. She drug me into the hotel and all the way up to our room.

"Hurry!" she exclaimed. "We got to get dressed, they're leaving in 30minutes!"

I nodded. "Ok, not as much time as i'm used to, but it'll do. I'll just ave to go curly today." I hurried and picked out a pretty dress. It reached about mid-thig, and was a white tube-top dress with sparkles (but no to much.) I put on some white heels, and went to do my hair.

I met with Cheyanne inside. She was straightening her har, all i had to do was brush my hair. I brushed it, and parted it a little to the side. I added lots of white and silver braceletes and necklaces, and i was ready to go.

"Chey, you ready?" i asked.

"Yah, just a sec... Did you brush your teeth?"

I thought for a sec. "Youknow, i did. But it'd be smart to brush before we go.." i realized. I ran as fast as i could in heels back o into he bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked at my hair again, then ran straight into smeone.

i fell on the ground, and rubbed my head as i looked up. Dean.

"You ok?" he said, not sounding sorry at all.

I nodded. "I'd be a lot better if you werent there."

He rolled his eyes.

I aughed. "Yo know, i do the SAME thng!"

Cheyanne laughed. "Come on, Hav." she hld out her hand, and i took it. She pulled me up, then laughed again. "You guys ar unbelieveable. I've got to get my purseDont kill eachother while i'm gone."

Then she left.

I watched her go, then looked back at Dean. I saw compassion in his eyes, but i could tell he was fighting it.

"Good to have you back." he smiled, and held out his hand.

I smiled. "Thank you." i said, and took his hand. Hs handas warm, ad soothing, and it made me want to  kiss him again.

Dean took a step forward, and hugged me. I closed my eyes, and tried to act like i wasnt enjoying it, but i couldnt. I soon gave up, and hugged him back.

"Dean." i whispered. "I cnt believe i'm saying this, but i dont really hate you."

I felt Dean's breath on my earas he agred. "Me neither."

Cheyanne's voice made me tflinch. "Well, isnt this a compassionate welcome-back party?" she sid, amusment flowing out of her mouth in laughter.

Dean pushed me away, and , again, i fell. He looked back at me with a sorrowful look, then he walked away.

Cheyanne bent down next to me in her long purple dress. "Hav? What's going on between you and Dean?" she asked slowly.

"What? Nothing. What? Nothing." Crap... When i get nervous, i often say the same thing over again.