Chapter One

I woke up around nine to the light shining threw my slightly opened curtains and my phone ringing on the wooden desk beside my bed.

I reached over and grabbed it.

Danielle.

Shit, i was supposed to go to her house last night...

I cursed under my breath as i answered with a perky voice.

"Hello?"

"Haven? ..I-I thought you were coming to my house last night?"

"Dani, i'm really sorry. I totally forgot and  i ws really tired." i said wiping my eyes. Well, it wasnt a complete lie. I was tired, but the cast had a party last night and wouldnt let me leave. That's the whole reason i wasnt there.

And now i feel terrible for it.

"You werent tired when i dropped you off, are you ok?"

"Yah," i said, finally getting out of bed, "It's just, me and Dean kissed and, i really dont know WHAT happend after that. It's like a hangover, but worse."

"How much worse?"

"WAY worse."

She was quiet for a second before she decided to changed the subject. "Ok, i checked the mail this morning, and guess WHAT??" she said in a squeaky voice. Wow, how that voice me up. It was like being shot with edrenaline.

"What?"

"I got a letter from Stanford."

"WHAT?" i repeated in the same tone that had made me jump.

Danielle sounded like she was going to burst with excitemnt. She says, "Yah, and that's not even the exciting part."

"What is?" i said, suddenly perking up in my bed wide awake.

"I got excepted!!" she squeaked excitedly.

After a while of screaming enthuisiastically, i brought up MY news. "Ok, good news bad news...it's probably in the middle, but anyways, for the movie, Guess where we're fliming? We're fliming in Brooklyn!"

"Brooklyn,NEW YORK?"

'No," i said sarcastically, "Brooklyn COLLEGE."

She quealed excitedly, but suddenly she stopped. "Uhm, Hav? Sorry, but, i didnt catch the dates."

"Uhm, just a sec, let me find them..." i got the script out of my desk. On the front page said the date, location, and characters. "uhm, August 17th to Novemebr 29th."

She was quiet.

"Dani?"

"Hey, uhm, ill see you later--"

"Dani, what's wrong?"

'Nothing."

"Dani."

Finally, she sighed. "School starts August 22nd, Hav."

I stared at the air in silence, hopin that what she was saying was not true.

'I've got to go. Bye."

Her voice was dry and lifeless. 'no, Dani, wait--'

She hung up.

Shit, what have i done?

I sat around all day, not knowing what i should do.

I could quit my job, but that would mean i would loose my house and be forced to realize my mother was right. I would be homeless if i quit, no way of me getting a good job since i've never wanted to go to college.

But if i stay at this job and we go to Brooklynn, then Danielle would loose another year of school at Stanford that she was barley lucky enough to be accepted again this year.

What am i going to do?

Quit, and go back to my family whom hate me?

Or stay and loose my best friend?

---------------------

Heyguys, sorry for the short chapter, but im n the mid of a freddy crugar marathon(;

Hehe i love Fredy  Crugar(;