Chapter Fifteen

I re-entered my hostile, dark room and watched the door. They should be coming any moment now to talk me back into my old hotel room.

But they never came.

I heard them run down the hall laughing and giggling, and then i heard the doors slam.

I stayed up until dawn waiting for them to notice, but they never did.

Wow. What great friends i have.

Slowly i got up and got dressed for the day. I put on a floral dress with a big brown belt around the waist, and tan boots. I put my blond curls in a high ponytail before heading to work slowly.

When i got there, i ran right into Cheyanne.

"Hey, sleepyhead. Where were you?" she asked me.

I stared at her for a second, not sure if i should answer, then walked passed her into my dressing room. I really dont want to work today. Maybe i should fake an injury, or play hookey.

But both of those options are childish.

And me, Haven Jade, nineteen years old, was not a child no longer.

But since the movie ended yesterday, i'm guessing today we just have to watch our movie.

I walked over to my white accoustic guitar i got on my thirteenth birthday and played a slow melody. The singing i heard caught me off guard, then i realized it was my own voice. I hadnt sung since my parents disowned me at eighteen.

I rememeber i had just gotton home and i told my mom that i was beign offered to be in a movie and i was dropping out of college with Danielle...

"No." she said to me sternly. "What about becoming a writer? That will give you more education than this."

"But, Mom! I could make millions! I could buy you anything you want!" I told her, hoping that would help her change her mind. But it didnt.

Mom just folded her arms. "And when you get fired? No. No daughter of mine will be on TV with no education, WHAT SO EVER!"

"Then  guess i'm not your daughter!" i screamed.I didnt mean it, but my mother did when she returned it.

"Then go! Leave now, and never come back! We dont need your attitude around the boys!"

"Screw the boys!" i shouted. "They'll end up in jail, garunteed."

"Go to hell, Haven!"

"I thought you wanted me to leave?" i yelled back at her.

That's when she smacked me.

That's when i smacked her.

That's when i left.

I camera flash brought me out of my horrid flashback.

I looked up and saw that kid at the food court.

"What?" i said, not even looking up at him. I continued the melody.

He shrugged. "I got a job as photographer. Aparently Cheyanne wants to make a scrapbook of the entire cast. Nice song. You write it?"

"Yah," i smiled, lookin gup at him. "Yah, i wrote it when i was, like, fifteen."

"You have a great voice. You have a lot of talents. Why hasnt anyone ever heard you sing?" he asked me.

I shrugged. "I havent sung in so long, i can barley remeber."

"Well, your good. Just saying." He set the camera down and sat down next to me on the couch. "I dont have many talents. I can take  pictures, but that's all.

I laughed a little.

"Hey," he said. "About that date. What do you say we have one?"

I thought for a second. If Dean was cheating on me, i can cheat on him, too. And plus, we arent even together anymore. Anymore? No. We were never together. He wanted to pretend he loved me so i could look clumsy and he can take advantage of me.

"Yah," i decided. "Yah, i'd like that."

"And you'll actually show up?"

I looked at him. "That wasnt my fault."

He surrendered. "Ok, Ok, ok. I believe you."

"Cast! Cast, hurry up!"

Ethan flashed me a smile. "Looks like you'd better go."

"Yah. Here," i wrote down my number on a peice of paper. "Text me later."

"Dont need to tell me twice." he said before i left my dressing room.