Chapter 13 - In Which We Grieve for Greaves

Author's Note:

Soooo sorry for not uploading sooner. I have been so busy with exams and such. 

My plan is to upload another chapter by the end of the week but I am not 100% certain that I will be able to. I will do my best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Annalee.” Will says, his voice low and in barely a whisper.

He carefully steps forward and stops right in front of me. His eyes are filled with anger, shock, and disapproval.

“I know that I have no authority over you, but…What do you think you were doing?” He says, completely blowing up. “What on earth were you thinking? How could you do this to your father? He already lost one daughter! Why would you do something so inconsiderate and selfish?”

“Hey!” Thomas shouts, shoving his way between us. “Don’t talk to her like that.” He says, his voice low and deadly; I get shivers. His words, although simple, are intense with authority and held back anger. “You don’t know everything about the situation. I didn’t bring you here to reprimand Anna. I brought you here to help us, so calm down.”

Will takes a step back, obviously a little shocked but he keeps his composure. He waits a few seconds before peering over Thomas’s thick, broad shoulders.

“Who is he again?” He asks impertinently.

I barely manage to hide a smile. Will has more guts than I had previously thought.

Before him stood a man that towers over him by at least four inches and who could easily beat him in a fight should the confrontation arise to such extremes, and yet, Will takes the opportunity to anger him. 

Thomas growls and takes a step forward, his fists, stiff and tense.

I quickly jump in between them, holding my hands out to stop him.

Thankfully, Thomas stops walking but gives Will one last dirty stare.

Will returns the favor but, fortunately, Thomas doesn’t see him.

“Will,” I say reproachfully, “Stop antagonizing him or I will let him introduce your face to the floor.”

Will doesn’t respond but turns around and takes a seat on a chair beside Jack Sparrow, still a little put off.

Thomas also takes a seat but stays a good two meters away from Will, his arms crossed, and eyeing the other two men in a threatening manner.  

Will ignores the glares coming from Thomas and instead looks up at me as I take place behind Thomas’ chair.

“I wasn’t joking earlier.” He says nodding at both Thomas and Greaves, who is still silently sleeping, “Who is these men you are with?”