Chapter 1 - In Which Sisters Join the Dark Side

Author's Note:

Hey!

This is my first story ever so I would appreciate any feedback you can give me. I am really nervous and anxious to see what people think so please comment. Thanks!

I do not own any character (except for Annalee Swann, Thomas Calder, and Jack Greaves) or any events (except for those that do not appear in the movie) or any locations (except for those that do not appear in the movie).

Picture of Elizabeth Swann at the top. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1:

 As I hear the laughter grow louder from my hiding spot, I realize what a fool I had been.  Sneaking out from under Father's nose was one thing; following the cheers of carousers was another.

"Hey! I've found her!" A man kneels down beside me, his mouth turned up in a toothless smirk. He is joined by another man who tries to lure me out from under the wagon with kissing sounds and whistles.

I cram myself as far away from them as possible. The stench of the alcohol on their breath breezes by forces me to swallow back my dinner.

I wait, praying that the men leave. They don't but I see my chance of escape when the men, losing their balance, fall over each other.

Scurrying out from under the wagon, I dart into a nearby alley. Finding no one following me, I sneak back and look around the corner and sigh with relief.  The men are still on the ground, passed out.

Afraid of encountering more drunkards, I make my way towards the closest haven, the fort, to wait until all the men keel over. 

Hearing voices behind me, I panic. I forgot to take in account the other four drunkards.

I dive into an alcove just as the men pass by. I peer out and just manage to see the men turn left at the next crossroad, stumbling the entire way. I sigh, relieved. That road leads all the way back to the square. It is unlikely that they would backtrack to the fort.

I continue to follow the road until I reach a small entrance beside the gate to the fort, marked "Servants". I shake the handle finding it locked. Thankfully, before leaving the house, I managed to sneak a servant's key off of the special hook in the kitchen where all the extra keys are kept.  I take the key out of my pocket and just as I am about to fit it in the lock, the two men that had been walking towards the square appear around the corner. I jump and let out a yelp.  

Where did they come from?

They race towards me and I frantically unlock the door and rush in at the last second. I quickly lock the door behind me and lean on it to catch my breath.   

"What do you think you're doing?" I jump at the voice and turn around, my fists clenched and ready. 

I chuckle nervously and sigh with relief at the familiar face.

"Captain Norrington, it's you. Please, don't frighten me like that again."

"Annalee, what do you think you're doing, being out in the town this late at night? You could be seriously injured with those drunkards around. Besides, it isn't proper."

"It's Anna," I correct him. "And I... I needed fresh air."

"Of course you did." He responds, sounding slightly sarcastic, "And of course the balcony was out of the question."