ONE YEAR.....AND EVERYTHING CHANGED? {chapter 11}

hey guys!!!

i know this chapter is really short but i didn't have time and i was really busy...so very sorry.

okay now back to the story.

==========================

RECAP:

We were walking quietly for some time when Darren gently pushed me against a tree and leaned in for a kiss. So he had forgiven me.....or not!!

This wasn't the gentle loving kiss he usually gave me. This kiss was rough and filled with pent up anger. He was hurting me. His teeth were cutting my lips and he wouldn't allow me to pull away. I tried pushing him off me but I couldn't. At last he pulled away shocked and dazed. My lips were bruised.

"I hate you!!" I told him and ran down the beach.

But he caught me soon. He had harmed me intentionally. He wanted to take his anger out on me. How could he!!

"Listen Natalie I am so sorry. I really am."

"But you wanted to hurt me."

"No not you...I wanted to hurt the person you actually love" he told me sadness filling his eyes.

"Why Darren? Why?" I whispered.

"Because I love you and can't stand the thought of letting you go." He hung his head shamefully.

Could I really blame Darren? I knew he did not want to hurt me but he wanted to hurt Jake. Darren knew I liked Jake. Darren just wanted to let his emotions free. In a way am I not just like Darren? I mean I want Jake with all my heart and sometimes I feel angry with Jake. Darren wanted me and since he knew I liked Jake he was angry and didn't know who to take his anger out on.

"Please....I'm so sorry. Do you forgive me?' he asked me.

"Yes Darren."

Darren didn't want to hurt me. Maybe he wanted to hurt Jake but he definitely did not want to hurt me. That much was certain. He really loved me and I don't know if I deserve such love. After all am I not a user?

Chapter 11

Darren's P.O.V

I can't believe I actually did that to Natalie. But I swear I did not want to hurt her, I was just so angry with....who? Jake I guess.

We walked hand in hand back to the bonfire place. I was really thankful that Natalie had forgiven me but I knew she liked Jake...even more than me.

"Natalie about the Jake thing you still have feelings for him don't you?" I asked her.

She hesitated for a second but then spoke "Yes I do Darren...I'm so sorry but I....."

"It is okay Natalie I can't force you to love me can I?"

"No, but I still love you. I can't explain it but when I think of you not there for me I just can't stand the thought. I don't know what to do!!"

"Hey don't worry Natalie I will always be there for you. I promise. I mean you don't love me as much as you love Jake but you still love me right?" I asked her hopefully.

"Yes Darren"

"Then maybe we could still be together give it a try but if it doesn't work out we can still be friends"

"I would love that Darren" she looked at me relieved.

By now we had reached the fire place and we sat around the bonfire. Many people were laughing and joking around. I saw Jake staring at Natalie but Natalie refused to look at him. Good.