ONE YEAR.....AND EVERYTHING CHANGED? {chapter 3}

This is Darren ----------------->

==============

Chapter 3

Natalie's P.O.V

"What do you mean he is not here?!!!" I almost screamed.

"Chill girl....he went to visit his grandparents in Florida." Rachel said.

Rachel and I were in the café near my house. As soon as I found out I was leaving I told her to come here directly.

Now she is telling me that Jake has gone for a few days. But I have to talk to him today. As in now.

"Listen just don't worry, I will tell him you asked about him"

"Then what Rachel? What if he asks why?" I almost shouted. Uhhhh this was so not working out the way I wanted it too. I was taking out my anger on poor Rachel.

"It's alright Rachel. Forget it. I need to go home to pack up.....oh Rachel I am going to miss you!!!" I wailed.

"Hey no worries. I'll come to visit you."

"But it still won't be the same."

I went home feeling completely depressed. I am such a moron. I should have listened to Jake when he was trying to explain. But no....my ego would not allow me.

I was about to start a new life...a new beginning. But was I ready to leave my old life, I think not!!!

************ 1 year later *************

I came home soaking wet. Oh how I missed the heat and the sun of Miami. I was not saying Georgia was bad, I had made many friends and I enjoyed myself but it was just too....wet.

When I came inside the kitchen my parents were sitting around the table completely quiet. A great feat for them I must say.

"Hey what's up?" I asked my parents while taking a cookie from the plate kept on the table.

"Ummmm....." my dad paused "We are going back to Miami, same school and same house and pretty much same everything." he finished.

The cookie in my hand crumbled to small pieces.

My mother seeing my reaction went "It will be just like you never left."

I was shocked. Speechless. "How could you do this to me? We just left!!!" I screeched.

I ran up to my room before they could answer and shut my door with a bang.

I can't move again. I just started getting used to Georgia for heaven's sake. I told my self to calm down but knew it would not work. I was going to see all of my friends again. Rachel, Lily, Andrew and so many others. But the one person I was waiting to see was.....Jake.

Well looks like nothing has changed I though to myself looking at the house, my old house. Rachel lived right next door- thank god for that- and she had come to help me unpack. So weird last year at this time I was packing. Déjà vu with a twist.

"Oh my!!! I'm so happy you're back." Rachel practically yelled.

"Why don't you just broadcast it on the news channel? Give some rest to you voice." I said sarcastically.

"Why are you such a grump today? What are you scared of?" she asked me in an amused voice.

"What am I scared of!!!! Only the fact that I am going to see Jake after one year. One year!! And I did not tell him sorry when I left. This is going to be so awkward. What am I going to do!!!" I yelled. I was shocked. I don't usually lose my cool so fast. I must be really upset.