ONE YEAR.....AND EVERYTHING CHANGED? {chapter 8}

hey guys!!!!!

i would just like to say thank you to all the people who voted, commented, read and became my fan. it means a lot to me. thanks !!!!!!

=====================

RECAP:

It was heaven to feel his lips on mine after one year. I responded to the kiss but my mind was telling me this was wrong. I knew this was wrong but I couldn't stop myself. He wound his arms around my waist and I put my arms around his neck.

This was amazing. This was wonderful. This was........shit!!!!

I had just opened my eyes and I found Darren staring at us. I pulled away abruptly. Jake seemed confused then he saw Darren and his eyes went wide.

Oh no!!!

Darren had just seen me and Jake kissing!!!

Chapter 8

Darren's P.O.V

What the hell!!!! How could she do this to me? I mean just yesterday Natalie was telling me she liked me and now she is with Jake. I had to get out of here.

That's when she saw me and stopped kissing him. She came towards me but before Natalie could come close to me I walked away. I didn't want anything to do with that girl. I feel like my heart is breaking into pieces right now.

I should have known she would go for Jake. I mean he was the popular guy, the captain and everything while I was just one of his followers.

I came out into the parking lot. I could still hear all the people partying and cheering. Great here I was all sad and there they all were happy and having fun.

I was about to get inside my car when someone spoke up behind me. I turned around and found Natalie crying. Just the look of her crying made my want to have her in my arms again. But I wouldn't be used again.

"Darren," she whispered "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. I don't know what happened. I just....."

"It is okay Natalie. You can go back to being with your Jake. After all I don't want to be a play toy. Again." I said coldly. The look on her face almost broke my heart.

"Oh Darren please. Just listen to me."

"What is there to listen to Natalie? I saw you kissing him and nothing's going to change that. I don't think we were ever meant to be together. You're like the prettiest girl in class and Jake is the popular guy. You both are meant for each other. Where do I fit in?" I said bitterly.

"Don't say that Darren. Please I am sorry."

"You should have thought about it before you kissed him then" with that I turned and got in my car. As I backed out of the parking lot I saw Natalie still standing in the same spot and crying. What had I done? Why do I always have to be the one who feels at fault?

Natalie's P.O.V

I watched as Darren's car left the parking lot. I am so stupid. What is wrong with me? One time I am kissing Jake and I feel as if I don't want anyone else and then I see Darren and I want him!!!

I had to go home before Jake comes out to find me. I ran away from him telling I was going to talk to Darren. He was bound to come looking for me soon and I can't bear to deal with him now.

When got home I phoned Rachel. She must be celebrating I know but I just had to talk to her now.

"Hello?" she said when she picked up her phone. I could hear lots of shouting and laughter.

"Hi Rachel. It is me Natalie. I wanted to talk to you. Are you busy?" I asked her.

"Natalie!!! What happened? Something happened, I can tell."