Chapter Twenty

Zayden's POV...

"Aubrey!"  we all yelled in unison, and of course, Gale took off to the sounds of her screams. Zander ran a head of me, but skidded to a halt as a bullet wizzed past him. In that instant, we looked up to the sky, only to curse and shift into our beastly forms, letting out a howl.

The New Moon - It was war.

Wolves piled out fo the castle, or atleast the division of fighters we had planned out and on the treeline, hunters alongside of rogues walked out, armed and ready to kill us all.

"Zayden!" My head snapped towards Zander, who was in wolf form, and had taken down a hunter with his rogue, "Follow Gale, and get Aubrey!"

I nodded, taking off in the direction of Gale's scent and fighting the urge to run back and save all the lives and screams of those dying, back on territory. My legs burned, and an instant pain shot through my body, something was happening to Aubrey. That was the worst thing about being mates. Their pain, was your pain. With, or without the bonding, but ours was different from the rest, we were stronger than Unmarked mates.

I managed to catch up with Gale, who simply growled at me, but kept running towards the cliffs. The copper scent of rich blood was in the air, and it was intertwined with another scent of blood - Aubrey's.

We skidded to a halt as we broke through the trees. On the ground, Aubrey laid motionless, and above her were two strangely looking Rogues with patterns running down their bodies, and blood pooling down their mouths. Hunters laid dead along the sides, but a woman's laughter caught our attention.

"Well, Isn't this a surprise" Devina smiled, showing off a pair of fangs that hung low, and were also covered in blood, "The Mate and the clueless have come to join our reunion"

Gale shifted, but still held onto his wolf characteristics, "What did you do to Aubrey"

"Well, put it this way, she was... delicious.. and now, she's awakening"

This time, I shifted back, but by force. My heart burned as if someone had lit me on fire from the inside. I collasped to the ground, gasping for air as the pain spread throughout my body and Gale was next to me in a second, but continued to look at Devina, "What do you mean, Awakening?"

I pulled myself to sit up, only to see she was smiling dangerously, "You see, Aubrey's 'old self' had been sealed away by her guardians, and by the help of her father, Lucifer, so she wouldn't kill or lose control of herself again, the only way to re-awaken this state of mind was to fed off her blood, then give her some of the blood of a relative, in this case - me, but as you can see" She laughed, gesturing to the two rogues with the swirling patterns tracing along their fur, "My friends had a taste, and boy, they're loving the power"

 As I opened my mouth to push forward, Gale launched himself towards Devina, only to be pushed away by one of the rogues, before their eyes fell on me.

Aubrey's POV.....

Everything was dark. The water was shallow, but not enough for me to drown. I sat up, wincing as my neck burned, and as I pulled away my hand, black blood dripped into the water. I looked up at the sound of laughter, only to see a familiar face - My face, but she wasn't me. Her eyes were a blood colored red, filled with lust and rage, and her skin was tanned like my own, but just as plae as a sheet. 

"What are you" I breathed, fear pulsing from ym veins as she stalked towards me.

She simply smiled, "I want my body back..."

"No!" I screamed, jumping to my feet, only to fall back down as a faint feeling washed over me, "What did you do to me!"

"The seal has be broken, child... Embrace it"

My body shook and goosebumps bloomed from my skin, "I will never become something like you!"

She narrowed her eyes, and bared her fangs straight at me, "You have no choice"

Sorry it's so short guys! but I figure there's going to be atleast two more chapters possibly, but the next one if the big FINALE! (And then, there's the sequel ;D)

Will Devina get her way as using Aubrey as a weapon?

IS there a chance of survival?

Stay tuned!