Chapter Six

I laid in bed, the room was cold and the small clock on the bedside table kept me awake all night. Gale led me down into the basement of their large, Alpha house. It was much bigger than the one back home, ours was only three floors, but from what I counted, this one was at least five stories.

On the way to my hold, we passed by many curious eyes. Some looked at me in disgust, but some our of fascination. I tried to keep my gaze down, but it was hard to keep up with Gale when I did, so I was forced to meet most their gazes. As we reached the house, he lead me down into the basement to a room. The room that Gale left me to rest in was small. It only had a bed, a desk with paper, a lamp and a few pens. The lamp was the only source of light, not even a window was here, seeming I was in the deepest part of the basement.

A knock at the door snapped me from my thoughts. I looked up to find to Gale's blue eyes were locked on mine, and I swear, this man is stone. He never cracks a smile, and speaks very few words. He focuses hard on his duty, like my Dad use to, but is more strict about it.

"Alpha Hunt would like to speak to you now"

I nodded, getting to my feet and walking out the door after him.

He lead me up the stairs to the grand dinning area, and to my left was a living room that had a large flat screen, and five leather couches. A older woman stood over the oven, unaware of out presence until Gale cleared his throat.

"Hm? Oh!" She said, walking away from the oven, "This must be the girl Zander found out in the woods."

Her gaze was locked on me, and soon after, so was Gale's, as if they were expecting a response, "I-um.. Yes. That would be me.."

She walked closer looking closer at my eyes, "What beauty your eyes hold dear.. Oh, sorry, If I'm intruding your space, I just never dreamed of meeting a survivor of the Royal Night pack"

"P-Pardon?" I choked. What was she talking about?

She gave me an odd look as if I had blurted something idiotic, "Sorry, dear, I must be mistaken... Your eyes just remind me of... Never mind actually, I must be dreaming.."

Gale nodded, gesturing me forward to a grand, wooden door. I followed him to the door, where he opened and waved his arm for me to enter, alone.

Inside was a two couches, a desk with a computer, and behind the screen was the man from last night, Alpha Hunt.

"Aubrey" He looked up, standing up from the desk, and walking towards me, "Come sit"

He gestured me towards the couch, while he sat on the other. We sat in silence, until he finally cleared his throat, "So, how long have your eyes been like that..."

"Forever? I mean, like most eye colors I'm guessing."

"Oh," He said, biting his lip, "They're quite..."

I sighed, expecting the worse, "Freakish?"

"No, Intriguing.." He smirked, but continued, "Don't mind me asking, but who are your birth parents?"

I sat up straighter, "Cassandra Ivy and Isaac Grey"

"And Your Alpha was originally Jason Night.. correct?"

I nodded, but something about his expression was off, almost as if he believed I was lying about something, and it was bugging me to know, "Is something wrong?"

"No.. " He said dryly, rubbing the back of his neck, "How much do you remember of your childhood?"

"Well, I don't remember too much.. My parents tried to have me checked by our nurse for some reason... but I never understood why, it didn't exactly work either.."

He rubbed his chin a little, thinking, "I see.. why were you kicked out of your pack?"

I sighed, "My parents died protecting me from Rogues... and Alpha Night took his life, jumping in front of a bullet of one of hunters who abushed us.."

"And now Zayden is Alpha... and your Mate.."

I nodded, noting the edge on his voice.

"It's a shame he's gone though, even your... father... he was a great Beta to your pack" He said, getting to his feet.

"Thank you.."

He walked until he was in front of me, "I don't really have much to tell you, and I know this may be akward for you.. and I won't be releasing you"

"What? You're keeping me?"

He nodded, smirking "Go socialize a bit, ask questions, anything, I won't stop you. I think you deserve a second chance at life, even if you came here by following a wolf"

"Are you calling me crazy?"

He chuckled, placing his hands on my shoulders, edging me towwards the door, "Socialize, we'll talk again soon"

And with that, I found myself out in the hallway.

Clueless.

What do you guys think? ;

What is this pack hiding from her?

Has something been kept secret from her all her life?

Stay tuned! :D

.Vote.Comment.Fan.