Chapter Fourteen

I woke up, not taking long to notice a small body cuddled into my chest, and a large arm that was snaked around my waist, holding me tightly. Holly suckled her thumb, looking as if she tried to get past Gale's arm to get in closer to me, but failed.

I sighed, my heart being tickled at the thought that I had my own family... Without Zayden.

"Good Morning, beautiful.." Gale groaned softly, leaning over my shoulder to kiss me on the cheek.

"Sh.... You're going to wake the angel" We both looked down as Holly stirred slightly, but remained undisturbed from her sleep.

Slowly we both pulled away, replacing my body on routine with my pillow. Even though she was a child and not fully reached her Wolf potential, her sense of smell was amazing, this way she wouldn't know I was gone until she woke up, but she didn't mind too much now.

Gale pulled on a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt, as I walked towards the bathroom, "See you down stairs in an hour?"

I nodded, "I'll be there, don't worry"

I walked inside, closing the door behind me. I stripped off my pajamas and walked into the stall, enjoying the shower as the hot water's steam rolled up my body, but suddenly the water went cold and the lights flashed off. I rolled my eyes, probably Gale playing a trick on me like usual, this wasn't the first time this has happened "Guys this isn't funny! Who turned off the lights and turned on the water!"

No answer.

"Gale?" I yelled out, wrapping a towel around my hair and pulling on my Pajama pants form before and white strap shirt before walking to the door, peeking out of it.

Darkness, but I could hear sobbing.

"Aubrey! Don't come out! Whatever you do!" I heard Zander yell, weakly "Take Holly and Run!"

I tried to get to the bedroom door, but I was knocked back by a woman, palm out towards the door, knocking it clean off the frame.

I got up, trying to catch my breath and hold a crying Holly, who looked up at me trembling. I looked up at the woman in the doorway, her eyes glowed a strange mix of black and red, and her long black hair hung down past her hips. On her waist was a gun, that looked different from ones I had seen, and big canisters of what might be tear gas of something.

"Hello Aubrey" She glared down at me, "Come with me..."

A growl erupted from my chest as I shifted quickly, Holly clinging to my back tightly as she could. I didn't answer the woman, nor did I want to, but I had to get Holly out either way. I bolted through the closed glass doors of the balcony, leaping off to the five story high viewpoint, down into the grass. I winced slightly as I could feel glass shards implanted into my fur and skin, especially in my flank.

I could see a few rogues in my few, and another black wolf behind me, the woman obviously, recognizing the eyes that followed me on my heels. I dodged the numerous arms that swung to grab me, keeping my body low for Holly's sake, and made it into the treeline.

There's no point in running, child... The woman's voice laughed darkly through my mind, I'll stop you anyhow, even if it's by force.. So if you want to live I suggest you stop.

My wolf growled, hearing it too, but we ran on, until a flash of black shot up from the ground, covering our eyes and locking our legs in the ground. I looked around seeing that it circled my body, but I had enough room to let Holly run and save herself.

I shifted back, Grabbing Holly off my back and tossing her to the outside, "Run! And don't look back!"

Tears rimmed her eyes, "but Aubr-"