Chapter Twelve

I looked out over the balcony with a sigh, this was probably the first time in a long time, that I've gotten to relax like this. Three years had past since I was home, since I was that old, weak Aubrey. Now?

I'm a whole new person.

I turned around, walking back into my room - I mean, ourroom. Holly slept in the bed, snuggled into the pillow deeply. Ever since her parents were killed, she had really taken a liking for me, like as if I were her older sister. Carol offered to take her in, in thought i didn't want the responsibility, but I refused, I too, had a liking for my little girl.

I leaned down, brushing away her blond hair from her forehead, planting a kiss there in the middle. She never stirred, just continued to snore lightly, and snuggle into the pillow. For a eight year old, she was still that same five year old from three years ago.

I walked out into the hallway, not much had changed in the house, but everyone was still struck by that attack back then. In the kitchen downstairs, Carol sat at the table, hovering over Kelly who sipped her tea and wrote away in her studies. She loved school, even now, which is why she's now attending University, to study environmental and law. She had plans to try and minimize so much poaching, she was a tree hugger after all and enjoyed her runs.

"Oh, good morning Aubrey" Carol looked up, smiling, "Would you like some tea?"

I shook my head, "No thanks, if Holly comes down looking for me, does anyone mind keeping an eye on her? Today I'm suppose to be on patrol"

Kelly popped her head up, raising her hand. She too, loved Holly, and Holly trusted her enough, thanks to me, to let Kelly watch over her while I was away until Dark -  the end of my shift. Now-a-days, we have patrolling hours and curfews, in case hunters ever did try to come back, daylight hours and until 1a.m. You were allowed to be out in either form, but after that, it was strictly pushed that you stayed in doors or on pack territory.

"Thanks Kelly!" I said, walking down the hall towards Zander's office.

He sat at his desk, rubbing his temples as he looked down at bills, and more troubling news. I hated to ask, but that was my duties - as the new Beta. "Problems?"

He sighed in frustration, "More bills pushing that we should sell the land, and more letters saying local hunters want to hunt around our land. We have the biggest piece of land near Cottletown, with a beautiful forest, but I never thought it'd be this much trouble..... and where's Gale!?"

"Out on patrol remember?" I laughed, "I'll take his shift, now, I was just checking in to make sure everything was ok.."

He looked up at me with narrowed eyes, but had a smirk across his lips, "Now, don't hold Gale up this time - no getting heated over on that hill top! Use protection, and-"

"Shut up, Alpha Dad!" I laughed, slapping him playfully. It was true, me and Gale had gotten together, since I was rejected and his Mate had been murdered years ago before I arrived. He had helped me train, given me hints, and recently, confessed he had feelings for me and I too had them deep down. The pack liked it, so there were no holding back on keeping it all a secret. 

He chuckled, as I began to close the door behind me, "Be careful on patrol too!"

I walked to the treeline, looking around to make sure no one saw me, before stripping off my clothes, revealing my toned and thin body. Instead a whopping one hundred and fifty five pounds, no muscles and five foot three, I was now a good weight of one hundred and twenty three pounds, well built muscles and a good height of five foot ten. Three agonizing and rough years had it's advantages, trust me. Even my wolf was a good size now, almost as big as Zander's only an inch or two smaller.

I shifted into my wolf, black fur shooting out of my skin and the familiar sound of snapping bones filled my ears. I turned, grabbing my clothing between my jaws, before taking off towards the top of the hill. Unlike before, I could get away with shifting without the removal of my clothes, larger wolves, like me now,  couldn't. Unless they were well aged and skilled, I'm only twenty one years old - not some pro, yet.

Gale sat shirtless on the top of the hill, like always, he was twenty five, but he could manage to keep his pants on whenever he shifted, but his shirt would always be sacrificed. I didn't have a problem with that at all, his chest was blocked with muscles all down his chest and his arms. He was almost Model material, but Zander joked saying they didn't want someone with long canines and a face that hungered with lust and held back too many secrets. The public loves some good 'Open' models.

I stalked behind him, watching my feet for twigs, or any disturbance in the silence, but as I was almost five feet from him, he stood, turning quick in a mid shift into his large, grey furred wolf, leaping and pinning me to the ground on my back. Clothes fly out in different direction, as I shifted back into my human form, along with him, the only problem was, he still had his pants, and me? nothing.

"Aubrey, Aubrey, Aubrey..." He tutted jokingly, "How many times have I told you, the student can't take down the teacher"

"Yet" I corrected, feeling my face heated as he looked down at my body underneath him, "O-One day I will"

He chuckled, pressing his lips down on mine for a long moment, moving our lips in sync, but I remembered what Zander had told me and with a sigh, I pulled away, "Zander is in need of your help"

"Can't he wait," he grumbled, rolling off me, laying on his side, but pulling me closer to his side with a huge smirk rolling across his face, "I'm busy"

I let out laugh, "He sounded serious"

"Curse that man. If he weren't my closest friend and Alpha, he'd be in the pond, under my foot" He chuckled, acting out his plans with his foot.

I slapped him playfully, getting up and reaching for some of my clothes, "You don't mean that"

"No, you're right." He sighed, his gaze watching me carefully, "Aubrey, I love you"

I looked back at him, pulling on my pants, "I love you too"

I reached for my shirt, but his hands were around my waist, "I really mean it. Without you... I don't think I'd ever be able to let go and see that there is hope now that Elise is gone..."

I turned around, placing my hand on his cheek, making him look up at me, "You'll still love her, even though she's gone"

"You still love Zayden too, I can see it, but looks like we both got hope.."

I nodded, "I still won't go back to him, not when I got you here"

He smiled again, leaning down and kissing me once again, before pulling away and walking backwards to go to his Alpha, "We still on for that Date tomorrow night?"

"Yes, don't worry" I called out to him, watching my nod and burst out into his wolf again towards the Alpha house.

To me, I have it made here, life was almost perfect - almost.  It was only until soon after, things started getting... Troublesome.

What do you guys think of the New Aubrey? and of Gale and Aubrey?

Next chapter might contain more about Gale's passed mate, Elise - if you guys want it. I have a good picture of how she went and reasons, but we shall see.

Stay tuned!

Vote. Comment. Fan♥