Chapter Three

Silence.

Such a terrible thing to go along to the horror scene around me, besides the ringing in my ears and the sound of thick dripping. It wasn't like your typical leaky faucet that kept you awake all night either. This was much worse. It made me wish, I were dead.

It was accompagnied by the sound of a thud, and running. Soon after, someone gasping for air and sobbing, and slowly, I dared myself to open my eyes to witness a much greater horror.

In front of me, laid an arm torn from it's orginal host, alongside it was a long gun with a silver blade attached on the end and further back was a man, his arm gone, and his throat torn out, but even that wasn't the worst part.

The worst was Zayden. He was a little of to my left, his eyes rimmed in red and laced with his tears. In his arms, was the bloody mess of Jason Night, his father, our Alpha. He gripped his son's hands tightly, gulping huge amounts of air that would only escape through the gaping wound on his shoulder, on his heart. 

"Aubrey..." He whispered faintly

"No!" I mumbled, my body trembling as I crawled clumsily to his side. It was almost another re-run of my parents' death, but this was much more than that day a year and a half ago. "No.. No, please, Alpha... Not this again, please... I'm so sorry"

Shakily, he raised his hand to my tear soaked cheek. I sobbed, as he smiled up at me softly, but I already knew his fate, because within his chest was five silver bullets, all surrounding and inside the heart itself.

Silver was the only thing to kill us. If not fire, burned alive. A normal bullet would just be like a flick on the arm, it would leave a red mark, but fade almsot minutes later, but silver poisoned our blood stream, shutting down everything, ending at the heart. A slow, agonising death.

"Be... Strong... Aubrey..." He mumbled fading, until his arm fell from my face, his body going limp.

"Dad?.... Dad! No!" Zayden sobbed into the chest of his dead father, still gripping the lifeless hand he held for Jason in his dying moments.

Soon enough, figures began to surround us, the pack. Some still in wolf forms, others fully clothed, if not half naked, sobbing into their mate's shoulders, or glaring down furious.

At me.

"What have you done!?" Adrienne's voice cut deep, making me flinch.

My eyes scanned around me, stopping at the smaller face of a six year old child. My sister, Darcie, holding the hands of my older brother, Edwin and Adrienne. Like me, she had long, black hair, but hers wasn't dry and dead looking. Hers flowed down her small body, almost down to her hips. Her eyes were a deep blue and were filled with sadness. I could already tell what she wanted.

She tried to run to me, but Adrienne pulled her back, growling, "No, Darcie, that person is no longer our sister"

"but.." She whimpered, tears already filling her eyes. She wanted to run to me, like every other time something went wrong and cry, but Adrienne crouched beside her.

"Remember how I said a big bad monster took Mommy and Daddy away from us?.." When Darcie noddedm she continued, staring at me with a devious smile, "Well, that monster was Aubrey"

"What...." She spoke faintly, like she was betrayed.

"No! Darcie, no! I wouldn't!"

"Oh shut up," Zayden voice cut through, making me turn back to him again, he was standing over me. "Get up"

"It wasn't my fault!" I yelled, looking up into his face. My heart wanted to melt, being eye locked with his, but anger boiled over, preventing that, "You were there!"

"Aubrey" Was all he said, everyone staring at us, but I felt it. It was like a little mental click, and I was shut out.

Alone. 

"Leave, you are no longer a part of my pack"

"But-!" I started, but cut off.

I shook his head, slapping his hand across my face hard, causing me to fall on my side to the ground, "Silence! You have one hour, one, to leave or be hunted down and killed with no mercy"

I stood to my feet, laughing darkly. The reasons unknown to myself and my inner wolf, but it felt right,

"Fine, but you will regret this, Mate" I vowed, turning on my heels, everyone's eyes burning into my back as I walked off towards the border of the territory.