Chapter Eleven

It was a bloodshed, everywhere around me, but I didn't stop running, trying to help anyone. Numerous bodies, and puddles of blood and saliva, even bullets covered the grass floor, making my blood run cold, but yet, I didn't stop. 

Mentally, I decided to take on the smaller rogues, maybe then I'd have the chance to live, but prove myself to my new home. 

A strangled cry of a child, snapped me from my thoughts. I looked around, and near the treeline, A little girl, who looked no older than five maybe, was pinned up against a tree by a rogues long fingered hands, her shoulders oozing with blood. Below her feet, was two dead bodies, their faces emotionless, stained in their own blood and their gaze hazed over with emptiness. 

"No world with you is in peace..." A human's voice laughed darkly, stalking closer to the child, raising his gun towards the child's chest, her heart, and in the air, all over, was the scent of silver - our poison.

"Please.." She choked out, her voice coated in fear, "Please, not me.."

He laughed, tracing his finger along the trigger of the loaded gun, "Sorry, but cute child's play doesn't work on a real man" 

I was behind him then, growling loudly, making him jump and turn, but stagger and fall on his back, the gun sliding away from his reach. He frantically tried to pull himself towards his gun, but I pressed my front paws down on his chest, snapping my jaws down in his arm, snapping it, before turning to the other, doing the same, blood pouring out intensly out of both, enough to bleed to death.

He let out a scream, "Please! Have mercy! I was just doing my job!"

I shifted, still on top of the man, grabbing the gun and pointing it at the rogue, between the shoulder blades, pulling the trigger. The girl fell to the ground, she stared at me with wide eyes, but her lips half curved upward into a smile, before turning to the female body beside her. 

Her mother.

In that instant, I saw a flash back of the time when my parents were killed, and now this young child had lost hers before she even got to have her first shift.

My mind filled with anger, I turned my gaze down onto the man underneath me, who trembled as I turned the gun on him, "Who hired you!"

"Y-Your eyes.... they're... like-"

I pressed the gun harder against his forehead, "i said, who hired you to do this!"

"You're the child.... You're Devina's....." He whispered, fading.

I lighted my grip on the gun, "Who's Devina?..."

"Retreat!" Another voice yelled, the commander's I assumed. I remained on the body, as the rogues and humans escaped, leaving the field to exploding with our chants of victory. 

I looked down at the body, only to find him dead, leaving me with questions unanswered.

I tossed the gun a side, looking up into the tear filled, baby blue eyes, of the young girl, "You... you saved me"

I nodded, walking closer to her as tears filled her eyes again. She tossed herself in my arms, sobbing into my shoulder. I held her head, my fingers locked in her long, blond curls. She was small, almost like Darcie when she had a nightmare, but I knew I'd never hold Darcie again.

"It's going to be alright..." I said softly her ears, picking her up in my arms and stood to go find her some help for her bleeding shoulders. As I turned I faced many eyes, who stared at me with eyes filled with gratitude.

Zander walked up, along side with Gale, who looked between me and the child, who still sobbed into my shoulder, "Is Holly alright? Are you alright?"

Gale rubbed the girl, Holly, trying to reach to take her from my arms, but she held on tighter, before looking up with baby eyes, "I wanna stay with her, please Alpha..."

I smiled lightly, rubbing her back, "I'm alright.. and I'll take her to the medical, if you'll show me the way, Alpha Zander"

He and Gale smiled, "Right this way"

After he showed me the way to medical, the doctors took Holly away from me to care for her. At first, she didn't want to leave, but she had to, her blood levels was dropping fast, and she was growing more and more drowsy from it, so away she went.

I sat in the waiting room alone, remembering how I felt when I was in her situation. She was lucky her outcome was to be helped, not considered a curse, a traitor and much more worse. I was alone then, and I wasn't going to watch another one have the same thing as me.

Not again.

"Hey" Zander's voice broke through to me, making me look up as he sat down beside me, "Hey..."

"You alright?" 

I nodded, looking back down at my feet, "I am.. I didn't get shot or take a slice from a rogue.. I was lucky.."

"And stubborn" He said, chuckling.

I slapped his arm joking, "How am I stubborn!"

He smiled, "You ran out there, weak wolf and human within you, and actually tried to save a life.. You did, I'll admit you did a good job. Holly's thankful I allowed you in this pack.."

"I wanted to thank you for that.."

"Your welcome" he chuckled, "And about that training you want..."

I looked up at him again, "Yeah?"

"We start next week, when everything is fixed up again and at peace, but I warn you, it's going to take a few years to learn everything.."

"I know " I nodded, and I was about to tell him about a woman named Devina, but Holly came bursting through the doors, with the nurse, "Bree!"

"Bree?" I laughed, looking down as she fell into my lap, "My name is Aubrey"

Zander chuckled beside me, "She can't say Aubrey, so Gale told her to just call you Bree or something"

"Aub- Aubweee" She said, childishly, making me laugh.

"Next week, remember that." Zander said, leaving me with Holly who was overjoyed to have me here, and for once in my life, I felt as If i belonged, even with more mysteries to come my way.

Author's Note ~ Hey guys! So next chapter it's going to be 3 years later! (Just sayin!)

I'm not good at describing training stuff with Werewolves, but Aubrey will be a whole new person and have new things, responsibilities and will soon have to re-encounter her old pack.

Will she find Devina?

What will  the new Aubrey be like?

What will her pack think of her?

Stay tuned!

Vote. Comment. Fan. ♥