Chapter Seven

I walked down the halls and I couldn't help but notice the artwork on the walls. Some had pretty colors, people with swirling hair, and others were dark.

"Hello again, dear" a warm voice called from beside me, in which I looked over to find the woman from earlier. She was tall, thin, and her eyes were a hazel color.

I smiled, "Hello"

"Admiring the art work of our past, are we?" She chuckled, brushing dust off one of the frames.

I nodded, "So that's what it represents.. My Alpha back home use to tell stories about it when I was a kid.."

"Which pack?"

I looked at her, confused. This was the second time today, "The Moon Pack?... Can I ask you something.."

"Yes, anything dear"

"What was this thing about my eyes, and about this pack you keep thinking I'm from?"

She sighed, looking around, "Would you like a cup of tea? This is might be a long story for a young one like yourself"

With a nod, she guided me towards the kitchen. It had a large round table, probably for the whole pack, and a smaller one to the side, for little guests here and there. On the walls, hung what looked like family photos, and the large glass door leading out to the side deck, looking out over the field and pack grounds.

She sat me down at the smaller table, while she went off to make the tea across the island. She placed the kettle on the stove, before leaning over the counter. "I guess I should tell you that my name is Carol"

I smiled, "I'm Aubrey"

"Such a nice name.." She sighed, smiling back, "Just like your eyes"

"Well," I mumbled, "It was always considered freakish back home.."

She walked over to the screaming kettle, pouring the boiling contents into the glasses on the counter, she then walked over, holding sugar and milk in one hand, and the two glasses in the other, placing them on the smaller table and sitting down beside me, "Maybe they just don't see the importance behind them"

"What do you mean?" I asked, taking a sip from the tea, burning my tongue.

After she took a sip, she pulled my face up to study my eyes, "Well, there once was a pack in the north called the Royal Night pack. They were all royal blood, you see, and some were considered special, because of their eyes, and the power they posess"

"How does that involve me? I don't have any powers?"

"It wasn't detectable a first. Or at least that was rumoured. The Queen, Adrina, she had these eyes, just like yours, but they weren't just something that was just to look at. She could read minds, visions of the future. She even forsaw the death of her husband, and the Great War"

My eyes widened, "Wow..."

"She was truly amazing, but some saw her as a crazy lunatic, until her predictions came true... Of course, her mate wasn't the King. So after he died, she almost felt free, because the King would force her to stay inside, so the people would stop accusing her insanity.."

"Did she ever meet her mate?" I asked, curiously.

She sighed, "She did, but no one ever accepted him, because of his eyes. They glowed this mysterious red color, like the Dark Lord himself, the Devil's. Most assumed her was the Devil's son, but it was her mate, she didn't want to lose him, but the new Appointed King, forbade him to ever return"

"Did they ever meet again?"

"Once more, I believe. She snuck out one night, before all hell broke lose, the Great War. They met a few miles away from site of the pack's guards, but, she never returned...Until after the war, her body was found.."

"Who killed her?"

She shook her head sadly, "No one knows, she was found in the snow with her stomach torn out.."

I thought for a moment silently, finding my heart racing and my mind. What's wrong with me?

I looked up at Carol to find Gale along with her, telling her she was needed with Zander. Just as she got up, I caught her hand, "Is there anyway I can find out more about Adrina? Or her Mate?"

"Um yes, there's a library just upstairs." She turned to Gale, her expression, amused, "Gale, be a dear and show her to it, there's a book, I do believe, or a diary"

He nodded, as Carol walked off, before guiding me to the Library. A place, I never thought I'd ever find myself in.

What's wrong with me?