Chapter 28

hey guys, i cant believe were up to chappy 28! i mean, woah!

i'd like to thank EVERYONE for sticking with the book!

 please, share a comment on what you think of the book overall... (a few more chapters to go till the end)... and vote!

im open to critism, but bear in mind, im only 13, so be nice? hahahah. i honestly love you all, you make the world go round for me!

this chapters dedicated to a person who made my day! thankyou so much for your feedback, you really made me smile :)

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 28

Annaleise's POV

I looked up at the headmaster's face and smiled. "You do know I was just at Hagrid's, right?"

"I thought you had run away, Anna. You scared me!" He sighed, holding his arms open in the air, which I quickly ran in to. "Don't do that again." Grandpa scolded softly in my ear, his long snowy beard tickling my face.

It was as if the events of the past few weeks were on reply in my head, and I couldn't think of anything else. "Why me?" I whispered into his hair. "Why does all the bad stuff happen to me?" My eyes prickled and my thoat constricted with emotion.

"Oh Anna." He whispered, his frail arms tightened around my body. "I don't know, I just don't know." A single tear slid down my face, and I looked into Grandpa's ice blue eyes. His thumb brushed off the tear from my cheek gently. "Don't cry child, it will all work out in the end." He cooed.

"How?" I burst suddenly, angrily. I removed myself from his conforting arms roughly and walked over to the window. "I'm Lord Voldemort's daughter! I have the blood of a monster! My mother is dead! I'm suddenly a witch with the title of 'James' and a stupid tattoo on my hand! How is it all going to get better now?" I trailed off my rant to turn and give Grandpa a watery smile. "I found my soulmate."

"Who?" Grandpa whispered as he collapsed with exhaustion into his desk chair that resembled a throne.

My lips wobbled and my smile struggled to stay in place. After swallowing a few times and blinking back the thick tears in my eyes, I looked evenly into the old man's eyes. "My worst enemy."

"Oh Anna." He repeated, his voice thick with pity. You could taste the tension in the air at that point, you could have sliced it with a knife and served it on a silver platter. He studied me over his half moon glasses, resting his head on his hands. A sensation ran down my spine as he stared into my eyes, it was as if I was being x-rayed or scanned. He was waiting.

That's when something inside me broke. Cracked. Shattered into a thousand pieces. Tears streamed down my face as I slid down the nearest wall until my butt hit the floor. Sobs exploded from my chest before I could stop them. I quickly hid my face in my hands so Grandpa wouldn't be able to see my face. He obviously knew this was coming, as he got up off of his throne and came to sit next to me, with a lot of groaning about his back as he lowered himself on to the floor. His arms folded around me as my head automatically buried itself into his shoulder. He whispered into my ear as he rocked me back and forth in his arms, and I felt like I was 5 again. 

"Am I interrupting something, Headmaster?" My sobs fell silent  as I looked up from Grandpa's shoulder into the black eyes of Professor Snape. 

"No, no, Severus. What is it that you need?" Grandpa's long beard brushed my face as he turned to face staring down at us.