The Snape Kid

Hey guys, this is my first story on wattpad, so don't hate me if it's rubbish!! Luv ya xx smudge xx

P.S- Picture of Annaleise

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Snape kid.

Prologue

Severus Snape walked along the edge of the Forbidden Forest waiting. He didn't know what he was waiting for, but he was still subconsciously waiting. He paced back and forth, his long black cloak billowing out behind him. Trees rustled and owls screeched in the darkness, the moon at it's highest peak in the sky. The stars glistening brightly in the midnight sky. Snape's greasy, unwashed hair blended in with the darkness, his hooked nose flared like a snakes. He was ready to defend himself at a seconds notice. Snape fingered his wand with his skim fingers, twirling it and making it shoot green sparks in anticipation.

A bright light shone in the distance, deep within the Forbidden Forest. Curiosity and fear made Snape's heart beat fast in his chest. He slowly walked towards the place where the pale light was shining in amongst the trees. A breeze swept through the forest as Snape crept further towards the light, blowing Snape's hair out of his face and tucking his cloak and robe behind his legs. He forced his legs to move, as they seemed to want to freeze in position. Anticipation made his stomach curl in a tight knot, making it hard to breathe.

Snape pushed his legs to move to the pale, beaming light shining through the bushes and trees of the forest. He was afraid of what he would find. After an antagonising few minutes of forced walking, Snape reached a bush concealing the outcome of the light. Slowly, carefully, warily, Snape pulled back the branches of the bush. Shock and horror rushed through Snape's veins as he glanced at the thing surrounded by a pale blue light. His legs and arms locked into place as he stared at the thing wrapped in thin pink blankets, nestled in a basket. A newborn.

'There is no doubt that the baby has been left here without a reason' Snape thought silently. He slowly unlocked his joints and looked around at his surroundings. The basket was balanced on a rock, in a field of lush grass, shining pale in the moonlight. Snape cautiously took a step towards the baby, only to find he had stepped on a letter. He crouched down, his eyes fixated on the letter, and began to read.

' Dear Professor, 

The child you are looking at is a gift 

to the wizarding world. Her brother  

is famous, but she has been kept  

from the prying eyes of the public,  

for her safety. Treat my baby well.  

For she will help you in return.  

Good luck. 

P.S, her name is Annaleise Lily. '

Emotions ran through Severus Snape's body so fast that he felt inhuman. He scooped up the letter in his palm and stuffed it in his potion-filled pocket. The baby, Annaleise, had started to whimper. Snape slowly walked up to the baby and picked up the basket. He peered at her extraordinarily beautiful face. Her lips formed a small 'O' as she yawned, and get eyelashes brushed her plump, rosey cheeks as she eyes closed more firmly shut. When Snape was sure she was asleep, he whispered to her, "I promise to look after you, Annaleise Lily" and kissed her smooth forehead with his rough lips. After glancing at her for the last time, he hooked the basket on his arm and strode back through the Forbidden Forest to Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardary, and to the awaiting Professor Albus Dumbledore, who managed to know every little thing of the goings-on in Hogwarts.