Chapter 27

hey guys, i hope ur enjoying the book, sorry about the long wait. i havent had time to update lately, as my mum says, education comes first :P plus, i keep getting on the teachers bad sides coz of my 'attitude' in class... its not my fault that their lessons are boring haha..

*THIS IS JUST A FILLER CHAPTER, UNTIL I GET TIME TO WRITE A LONGER CHAPTER, SORRY*

question for this chapter: What country are you from?

vote, comment and fan, and check out Riding Through Time...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 27.

Annaleise's POV.

"A-Annaleise!" A voice cried in the distance. "A-Annal-leise, c-come quick-k!" I turned my head curiously to see who was calling me. A frightened Professor Quirrell was waving at me, beckoning me to come forward to him, standing at the very edge of the Grand Hall. He was the Defence Against The Dark Arts professor, but to be honest, something about him put me off trusting him. It was as if there was an aura around him that made me either want to dig myself a hole and hide until he left, or just completely avoid him.

"I don't trust that bloke." Ron muttered to me in a low voice.

"Neither, do you reckon I should go?" I muttered back in an equally as low voice, staring at the deep purple turban that wrapped his face. Something is definately suspicious about that thing.

 "I don't know, I guess so. He is a teacher after all, you could have failed that quiz Quirrell gave us." Ron smirked at me, knowing I don't study or do my homework. Quirrell started wave even more frantically, as if he needed me urgently. "Looks like his pants are on fire, you'd better go." He said appologetically.

 "Yep, leave me to deal with him all by myself, what an amazing friend." I said sarcastically to him before walking away to the waving teacher. Quirrell's face relaxed as he saw me walking towards him.

 "Everyone p-please go b-back t-t-to your c-classes." Quirrell stuttered, waving a hand in the air as if to say 'leave now' to the students. Nobody moved.

 "You heard the man, get lost." I said in a mocking voice, tilting my head to the side in an act of innocence. Whispers began to echo around the scene, a few people shuffling away slowly. I scratched the very edge of the tattoo with my right index finger, whilst looking the audience in the eyes. That managed to scare people enough for them to quickly walk away.

 "M-miss Snape, the t-teachers and I h-have been looking for y-you for hours!." Quirrell stuttered annoyingly at me in an attempt of a lecture.

 "I was at Hagrid's.." I began to explain to him, but he cut me off quickly.

 "No exc-cuses!" He cried, his high voice echoing around the school. I could have sworn I heard a few owls cry out in pain of hearing his voice.

"Whatever." I muttered, containing my need of giving him the bird and running off. "Grandpa wants me, right?"

"Gr-randpa?"

"Professor Dumbledore." I replied, giving him the 'seriously?' look.

"Yes." Oh my, he didn't stutter! It's a miracle! He cleared his throat before continuing to talk. "He n-needs to speak w-with y-you." Aaaannnddd the stutters back. Joy.

"Then can't I walk there by myself? I've been here longer than you, I should know my way around by now."

"I w-was told t-to accomp-pany you."

"Fine." I said with hatrid burning in my tone and I folded my arms across my chest.

 I continued walking along silently, obviously giving him the cold shoulder. "Stupid girl." I heard a muffled deep, rough voice mutter that sent trembles through my body. My system went on high alert as I twirled around to see who said that. I came up empty, other than the one person who was standing next to me, Quirrell. Trouble is, he sounds nothing like that.

 I unconciously took a step away from Quirrell as I eyed him. "Did you hear that?" I questioned him suspiciously.

"W-we're h-here." He replied, completely ignoring my question.

I stepped around him and towards the gargoyles. "Password?" One of the golden gargoyles asked tiredly.

 "Cracklepop." I muttered, the way I said it made it sound like a swear word.  The gargoyles grinned at me before opening up the entrance to the stairs that led up to Grandpa's study. The huge golden pheonix statue stared down at me, giving me a sense of protection. I hurried up the stairs, into Grandpa's study. Footsteps echoed behind me, making me whip around to see who it is. "You can go, you know, he wants to see me, not you." I snapped at Quirrell.

"Yes, whatever." He said angrily. My eyes widened and my mouth almost dropped open at the fact that he didn't stutter. He suddenly realised his mistake, it seemed, and started a having a coughing fit to cover his mistake up. Its a shame I noticed though.

I took a step towards him. "You don't st-" I started, but then got interrupted.

"Annaleise! Alas, where have you been?!" Grandpa said as he entered the room.

"I.. I.." I began, looking at Grandpa and then looking at Quirrell, or should I say, where Quirrell was.

Oh, Professor Quirrell, you'd better watch your back now. I'm gonna discover your dirty little secret.