Chapter 24

heeeeyyyy buttercups! lovely day m'dears!

usual routine, vote, comment and fan and dont be lazy! also check out the Riding Through Time book, k?

goodbye... for now... mwhahahaha! lots of hugs, smudgeeeeyyyy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Annaleise's POV

Soulmate. He, the little stuck up snob, is my soulmate. And Harry's worst fricken enemy! My body stayed frozen in place, refusing to move. He's a bloody Slytherin! Does the world seriously hate me or something? What have I done to deserve THIS punishment? Jesus bloody Christ. Let alone that, he keeps giving me heartburns! Creep.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned my glare on to the person, who happened to be Fred, and closely behind him, of course, was George. "What?" I snapped, irritable.

"Hey! What have we done?" Fred said, holding up his hands in a surrender position. Usually, I would find this amusing, but right now, I was too pissed to even care.

"You were born." I deadpanned at him, getting up and starting to walk out. I reached the wide archway that lead out of the Great Hall, and turned to face the hundreds of eyes watching my every move. "What?" I yelled, glaring. Woah, moodswings much. An awkward silence fell upon the students, who turned back around in their chairs to face the other side of the table, and eyes darted around the room. I let out an angry huff and carried on walking. Chatter started up behind me, and I rolled my eyes. Of course they'd gossip about it. I walked down the dingy corriders and hallways of Hogwarts, taking in the ancient beauty and the old smell. Now, what to do, what to do? I can't be stuffed flying anymore, and I don't feel like studying. No point in doing homework because I haven't exactly gotten any. I walked outside and looked up at the sky, it was starting to  get dark. A hut in the distance caught my eye.. Exploring time!

I ran towards the cabin and, when I finally got there, peered inside one of the windows. It's the giant man. With a... bear? Nah, can't be a bear.. wolf? No... dog? Yeah, a gigantic dog. I almost laughed at the giant. who was wearing a neon pink apron and seemed to be doing something with a massive kettle. Slowly, my curiosity got the best of me and I slowly edged towards the door, raising my fist, prepared to knock. Why haven't I seen this man before? I took in a deep breath, and rapped my fist against the door. Mad barking and shouts of 'Shut it, Fang!' errupted from inside the hut, making me take a few steps back. My heart hammered lightly in my chest, and my hands shook with excitement and nerves. The booming shouting grew louder and louder and heavy footsteps came towards the door. Barks were deafening me.

The door opened a tiny bit, able for me to see a huge dog nose and a whole lot of fur. When I looked up, I saw a man that resembled a cave man, literally. Bushy hair and a chin that was covered in hair. His beatle-like eyes squinted at me, and in a deep, earth-rumbling voice he asked "Can I 'elp ye?".. He's clearly from somewhere like Scotland. I craned my neck to look up at him and took a few hesitant steps forward.

 "Hello, I'm Anna. Annaleise Snape." I introduced myself politely, watching his expression, which seemed very knowing and happy. "I was wondering why I haven't seen you around before?" Well, I kinda blurted out the last question, but it was true, I've been here 11 years, why haven't I seen him?

"Oh, lets talk inside then, aye? Come in, come in." He said, well, boomed, opening the door, and grabbing the dog's collar at the same time. I walked inside, and studied the room. Everything was two sizes too big. The couch was massive, the roof had- is that a chicken? well, meat hanging from the ceiling, and the cups looked like barrels. As I looked around, I obviously didn't see the Giant let go of the dog's collar, and before I knew it, I was lying on the floor, with a dog that resembled a bear, licking my face. If I was any other girl, I would have screamed my head off, but I just giggled and stroked his big head. Slobber dribbled all over the floor next to me. Gross. "Fang! Get off her!" I laughed as the Giant pulled the dog off of me, and sat up. "Sorry 'bout that." The man said when 'Fang' was calm.

"It's okay," I smiled at him. Wow, he was truely one heck of a beast. "May I ask for your name?"

"None of tha' politeness 'ere. I'm Rubeus Hagrid, but ye can call me Hagrid. I'm the keeper of th' keys and grounds of 'Ogwarts." He announced proudly, sticking out his apron-clad chest. I smothered a giggle again,

"Nice to meet you then, Hagrid." I grinned happily.

"Ye too. Take a seat, I 'ave freshly-baked Rock Cakes I want ye to try." He said, ushering me to the couch, before hurrying off to the other side of the kitchen, and pulling out things that looked like boulders from the oven. Fang attempted to jump and steal them from Hagrid's arms, but Hagrid swiftly moved his arms out of the way, and looked like he'd done the same thing a million times before. He looked up at me and grinned happily, which I returned. "'Ere." He boomed, placing the cakes down in front of me on the coffee table. They looked exactly like rocks. Meh, I might as well try one. I reached out and took one, before sitting down gingerly on the squishy couch and taking a bite into the cake. I could almost hear my teeth crack against the stiff cake, but I kept my expression neutral. "So, 'ow are they?" He questioned.

"Really good, you're an excellent cook Hagrid!" I cheered, obviously lying, but he didn't know that. He smiled widely at my comment, and his aura seemed a little smug. Something about the situation made me want to say 'aww!'. "So, how do I not know you?"

"Well, when ye were foun' in the forest, Dumbl'dore though' it would be best if I didn' scare ye. Ye were only little. I've been wantin' to see ye for years," He said, sounding a little upset.

"Well, at least I've met you now." I assured him with a smile. I pretended to take another bite out of the rock cake. "Have you always lived here?"

"Yeh. Been here m' whole life." He explained, sitting opposite me. We stayed like that, just chatting and 'eating' for a while, until it was pitch black outside. We talked about everything, my life, his life, my newly found ancestry and stuff like that. "Do ye want to stay the night?" He said doubtfully, looking out at the midnight sky.

"Okay." I said gratefully. I really do not want to walk back to the castle right now, especially as it's midnight and all the 'creatures' come out. He got up and walked over to the small cupboard near his kitchen, pulling out a few black, moth eaten blankets. I didn't complain, remembering the time Snape had made me sleep in the basement in his 'muggle' house, because I was rude. It was awful. It was cold, full of rats and spiderwebs, and the smell was the worst. Worst night of my life.

"'Fraid you'll 'ave to sleep on the couch." He said, handing me the blankets with a sorry expression.

"Honestly, Hagrid, it's fine. Thank you for letting me stay." I said, amused, before giving Fang one last pat, and curled up deeper into the couch. It was really big, the same kind of size as my bed! "Night Hagrid!" I called to him as he walked into the other room.

"Night Anna, sleep well." He said, exhaustion clear in his voice. I smiled and nestled deeper and deeper until I saw the candles flicker, and go out. My eyes closed and I smiled. I'm so glad I met Hagrid, he's one of the nicest people I've met in my life. Then, I drifted off to sleep with the sound of Hagrid's raggid snores and Fangs little whimpers.