Matt x Reader (6)

Requested by: a/n

You were tired.

Drained.

Feeling empty.

Feeling lost and confused and nothing but pain in your heart.

Being a girlfriend of a famous rockstar, one would think that it is nothing but fun and living life on the edge, right? Well in reality, even though it can be those things, you also have to deal with the separation.

Well why not go with him?

Because, reader...in this case scenario, you couldn't go because you were afraid of planes.

Avenged Sevenfold planned their big tour in Germany for what seemed like a few years. Now it was finally here and everyone else went but you. You couldn't handle plane rides. You just couldn't.

But the touring was taking its toll on you. You were a worrier. A victim of severe anxiety and you felt like there was no way around it. You felt like you were trapped in a small black box crouched over with your ears covered because your own thoughts were taunting you.

But for some reason your boyfriend Matthew accepted you. And he loved you.

But lately you've been feeling a bit torn. The fact that it seemed like he didn't care about leaving you whenever there was a tour and you couldn't join. The fact that he knew you were upset and while you sat alone at nights you were lucky if he called you. And when he didn't, you knew exactly what he was doing. He was partying and living the rockstar dream.

You smiled softly to yourself...he was happy. As long as he's happy...

The tour lasted about a month before they got back. You haven't heard from him in days which did concern you, but it was kind of typical for him. The guys and girls told you to meet them all at one of the fanciest restaurants in California for a welcome back dinner.

So that evening, you were all dolled up in your favorite dress and heels, with some curls in your hair and your makeup painted on to perfection.

When you finally arrived at the restaurant, you had asked the host if there were a group of people waiting for you. He checked his chart and informed you that no big group had shown up.

Then it hit you. Maybe this was Matthew's way of leaving you. Anxiety stroke.

Your heart was beating fast and your breathing was short and rapid.

Stepping outside for some fresh air, you felt the tears slide down your cheeks and the cool fall air prickled with your wet cheeks.

"Did you actually think you were going to be alone again?"

You turned your head to the side and saw none other than Matthew, holding a bouquet of baby pink and crimson red roses.

You sniffled, "Well I'm always used to being alone."

He stepped forward and snaked his arms around you, giving you easy access to bury your face in his chest.

"I'm sorry-" he started. But it angered you...that's all he could do was apologize!

"No," you pushed back, "Listen, I'm tired. That's all you can do to keep me is apologize and expect everything will be alright! You know how bad my anxiety is and you know how I don't do well with my loneliness. How could you just go a month and barely talk to me? Instead you're out partying because apparently that's more important to you, Mr. Rockstar!"

"(y/n)-"

"How could you just-"

"(Y/n)!" Matthew raised his voice and placed his hands on your arms.

You couldn't look him in the eye. You were too caught up in your thinking trap.

"I have something that might change your view point..."

"What do you mean?"

And so, the tall singer was soon in front of you on one knee, with a royal blue velvet box in his hand.

"(y/n)...will you marry me?"

The ring sparkled and twinkled. The amount of diamonds on that band was enough to blind someone.

You were shocked. It was definitely unexpected...

"Uh-I-Matthew, I-"

"Please...this ring right here is my way for making it up to you. All of the hurt and pain you've felt while I was away. Now with this I promise you we can be together more often. And I'm not going to be doing so much flying anymore. We agreed it's all by bus."

You didn't really understand why you had to think about it. But you did.

"Matthew, I-"

"Please. I love you...I love you more than you'll ever know, (y/n)."

You gulped before you answered.

"Yes."

Matthew immediately sprung up and collected you in his arms, planting kisses all over your face and lips.

"You had us on edge there, missy." Brian spoke.

You looked over Matthews shoulder and realized everyone else had been watching from behind the shrubs.

You blushed, also realizing that they heard you bark at the singer.

The girls took over and smothered you with hugs and squeals.

But you looked over at Matthew...and something about the look in his eye made you think that things would change for the better. It was something about his gaze at you that made you believe some kind of sense must have been knocked into him over the past month.

You smiled. And it felt so good to smile again.

~*~

Okay...I know, I know, it's been about twenty years since I've uploaded something. But I can tell you that someone requested a one-shot so here we are. Also, I've been going through a lot of personal things I'm struggling with deeply so please excuse me for the lack of posting.

Anywho, hope you enjoyed! Not sure when the next upload will be but just stay tuned.

-matt&briicry